The Portland Trail Blazers (18-26) welcome the Golden State Warriors (10-34) to Moda Center at the Rose Quarter. The Warriors look to snap a seven-game road losing streak. The game starts at 10 p.m. ET on Monday, January 20, 2020.
Golden State Warriors at Portland Trail Blazers ATS Odds
The last time the Warriors played, they defeated the Orlando Magic, 109-95, despite being 6-point underdogs. The Trail Blazers, on the other hand, were topped by the Oklahoma City Thunder, 119-106, and failed to cover as 6.5-point underdogs. The Golden State game finished 10 points under the projected point total of 214, while the Portland game went 9.5 points over the projected point total of 215.5.
Golden State played a nearly flawless game. They had a superb turnover percentage of 9.2 (better than their season average of 12.7) and a free throw rate of 0.117 (matching their season average). Orlando had marks of 14.1 and 0.093, respectively, for those same stats. Portland, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (10.7 vs. 10.8). Portland rallied around Gary Trent Jr., who contributed 30 points and five rebounds. D’Angelo Russell played a key role for Golden State with 26 points and 12 assists.
The Trail Blazers evened the season series at one with a 122-112 victory in their most recent contest. Damian Lillard put up a double-double in the victory with 31 points and 13 assists. Portland was successful at getting to and converting from the free throw line. The Trail Blazers made 25 of their 28 free throws (89.3 percent), while the Warriors were just 14-23 (60.9 percent). Portland covered as a 9-point favorite and the two teams combined for 234 points, which was over the projected point total of 222.
Vegas is known to place the total high when the Warriors are playing, as 26 of their 44 games have ended under the total. Golden State holds records of 10-34 straight up (SU) and 20-23-1 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas has been spot on when predicting totals of Trail Blazers games, with an even split between overs and unders. Moreover, Portland is 18-26 SU and 16-26-2 ATS.
Based on each team’s statistical profile, ball protection could play an integral role in this battle. Portland commits the second-fewest miscues in the league (turnover percentage of 12.2 percent), while the disruptive defense of Golden State forces the fourth-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 14.7 percent).
Golden State Warriors at Portland Trail Blazers Betting Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Warriors, O/U – Under
- The Trail Blazers average 12.6 fast break points per game, which ranks 15th in the league. The Warriors rank 22nd in fast break points allowed per game (14.5).
- Golden State ranks sixth in steals per game (8.5) while Portland ranks last (5.9).
- The Trail Blazers rank 11th in rebounds per game (45.9) while the Warriors rank 27th in rebounds allowed per game (47.1).
- Golden State ranks 14th in assists per game (24.6) while Portland ranks last (19.7).
- Golden State averages 12.6 second chance points per game, which ranks 19th in the NBA. Portland ranks 29th in second chance points allowed per game (15.6).
- The Trail Blazers rank first in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.3) while the Warriors rank 23rd (17.8).
- The Trail Blazers rank 13th in three pointers attempted per game (33.6) while the Warriors rank 27th (29.8).
- Portland is 29th in the NBA with 43.4 points in the paint per game while Golden State is last with 42.6 points in the paint per game.
- Portland ranks second in blocks per game (6.4) while Golden State ranks 21st (4.5).
- Golden State is 5-2 when they allow less than 100 points, while Portland is 4-0.
- When scoring more than 100 points, the Warriors are 10-21 and the Trail Blazers are 18-20.
- Portland is 6-12-1 ATS at home, while Golden State is 10-12 ATS on the road.
- The Warriors have 12 unders and 10 overs in 22 road games.
- In 19 home games, the Trail Blazers have 11 overs and 8 unders.
- The Warriors are 2-2-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Trail Blazers are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Golden State has 4 unders and 1 over, while Portland has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Warriors’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.0, up from 8.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Trail Blazers have scored an average of 110.2 points per game (1.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 116.0 points per game (2.1 above their season average).