The winless New Orleans Pelicans (0-3) welcome the Golden State Warriors (0-2) to Smoothie King Center. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, October 28, 2019, and can be seen on NBATV.
Golden State Warriors vs. New Orleans Pelicans Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last outing. The Warriors (1.5-point favorites) were defeated by the Oklahoma City Thunder, 120-92, while the Pelicans (12-point underdogs) fell to the Houston Rockets, 126-123. The Golden State game went 17.5 points under the projected point total of 229.5, while the New Orleans game finished 10.5 points over the projected point total of 238.5.
Golden State had a much better turnover percentage (11.7 vs. 19.9) while New Orleans had a better turnover percentage (13.7 vs. 15.1). New Orleans was led by Brandon Ingram, who recorded 35 points, 15 rebounds and five assists. Meanwhile, Stephen Curry played a pivotal role for Golden State with 23 points, eight rebounds and five assists.
The Warriors are 57-27 straight up (SU) and 45-56-3 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Games including Golden State have had a slight tendency to finish under the projected point total since last season (51.9 percent).
The Pelicans have had a respectable 53-40-1 record ATS since last season, despite being 33-52 SU. Over that same stretch, New Orleans’ games have finished over the O/U total 58.5 percent of the time.
This game should be a showdown of contrasting paces. New Orleans ranks second in possessions per game (106.1) while Golden State is 13th (102.6) dating back to the 2018-19 season. Also, the Warriors rank first in offensive efficiency (113.8), while the Pelicans rank 23rd in defensive efficiency (111.0).
Golden State Warriors at New Orleans Pelicans Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Warriors, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Pelicans rank fifth in second chance points per game (14.2) while the Warriors rank 20th (12.9).
- Golden State averages 29.1 assists per game, which ranks first in the NBA. New Orleans ranks 29th in assists allowed per game (26.4).
- The Warriors rank first in blocks allowed per game (3.7) while the Pelicans rank 22nd (5.4).
- Golden State averages 34.1 three pointers per game, which ranks eighth in the NBA. New Orleans ranks 26th in three pointers allowed per game (34.0).
- Golden State averages 16.8 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 12th in the league. New Orleans ranks 27th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.1).
- The Pelicans rank first in points in the paint per game (57.8) while the Warriors rank 28th (43.0).
- The Warriors rank fourth in rebounds allowed per game (43.6) while the Pelicans rank 20th (45.9).
- Golden State ranks 14th in steals per game (7.6) while New Orleans ranks 28th in steals allowed per game (8.5).
- Golden State averages 18.4 fast break points per game, which ranks third in the NBA. New Orleans ranks 26th in fast break points allowed per game (15.9).
- New Orleans is 5-2 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Golden State is 13-0.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Warriors are 71-25 and the Pelicans are 33-44.