The Golden State Warriors (2-6) will travel to the Target Center to go head-to-head with the Minnesota Timberwolves (4-3). Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, November 8, 2019, and can be seen on NBC Sports – Bay Area.
Golden State Warriors vs. Minnesota Timberwolves Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last matchup. The Warriors (16-point underdogs) were defeated by the Houston Rockets, 129-112, while the Timberwolves (3.5-point favorites) fell to the Memphis Grizzlies, 137-121. Both games finished over their projected point totals. The Golden State game finished 12.5 points over the projected point total of 228.5, while the Minnesota game finished 33.5 points over the projected point total of 224.5.
Golden State did a great job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (23-28; 82.1 percent) while Minnesota had a much better turnover percentage (9.3 vs. 14.4). Karl-Anthony Towns led the way for Minnesota, contributing 25 points and 13 rebounds. Alec Burks, meanwhile played a key role for Golden State with 28 points and eight rebounds.
The Warriors took this series last year, securing victories in three out of four games. In the last matchup, Minnesota won 131-130. Minnesota had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (28.8 vs. 15.4). Golden State, meanwhile, was lights out from beyond the arc (18-40; 45.0 percent).
Vegas has a tendency to place the total low when the Warriors are involved, as five of their eight games have ended over the projected point total. Golden State heads into the game with records of 2-6 straight up (SU) and 2-6 against the spread (ATS).
Timberwolves games also have typically finished over the total (71.4 percent). Additionally, Minnesota is 4-3 SU and 3-3-1 ATS.
Golden State may have a tough time creating turnovers. Dating back to the 2018-19 season, Minnesota ranks fourth in the league at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 12.3 percent), while Golden State has forced the 18th-most turnovers (12.7 percent). Also, the Warriors rank first in offensive efficiency (113.6), while the Timberwolves rank 22nd in defensive efficiency (110.4).
Golden State Warriors at Minnesota Timberwolves Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Warriors, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Warriors average 33.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 10th in the NBA. The Timberwolves rank 21st in three pointers allowed per game (33.4).
- Golden State averages 28.9 assists per game, which ranks first in the NBA. Minnesota ranks 26th in assists allowed per game (26.0).
- The Timberwolves rank 11th in points in the paint per game (49.6) while the Warriors rank 29th (43.2).
- Minnesota ranks third in second chance points per game (14.9) while Golden State ranks 21st in second chance points allowed per game (13.9).
- Minnesota averages 17.5 points off turnovers per game, which ranks eighth in the NBA. Golden State ranks 22nd in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.1).
- The Warriors rank first in blocks allowed per game (3.7) while the Timberwolves rank 23rd (5.6).
- The Warriors rank fourth in fast break points per game (18.2) while the Timberwolves rank 22nd (11.7).
- Golden State averages 45.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 12th in the NBA. Minnesota ranks 18th in rebounds allowed per game (45.8).
- Minnesota ranks first in steals allowed per game (6.7) while Golden State ranks 19th (7.7).
- In games where they allow below 100 points, Golden State and Minnesota are both 13-1.
- The Warriors are 73-28 when they reach the century mark, while the Timberwolves are 39-41.