The Golden State Warriors (9-30) head to Staples Center to go head-to-head against the Los Angeles Clippers (26-12). The Warriors will attempt to snap their six-game losing streak. The game can be seen on FSN Prime Ticket at 10:30 p.m. ET on Friday, January 10, 2020.
Golden State Warriors vs. Los Angeles Clippers Betting Odds
Although the Warriors were defeated by the Milwaukee Bucks in their last game, 107-98, they were able to cover as 14-point underdogs. The Warriors, meanwhile, topped the New York Knicks,135-132, but were unable to cover as 10-point favorites. The Golden State game finished 14 points under the projected point total of 219, while the Los Angeles game went 47 points over the projected point total of 220.
Los Angeles played a nearly flawless contest. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.6 (above their season average of 24.8) and a free throw rate of 0.325 (above their season average of 0.228). For those same stats, New York was 20.0 and 0.286, respectively. Golden State, meanwhile, held Milwaukee to an offensive rebounding percentage of 11.1 (below their season average of 21.7). Montrezl Harrell led the way for Los Angeles, contributing 34 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Golden State was led by Alec Burks, who put up 19 points, seven assists and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Kawhi Leonard led the Clippers to a 141-122 victory. He recorded 21 points, nine assists and five rebounds. The two teams combined for 263 points, which was well over the projected point total of 229.5, and Los Angeles covered as a 1.5-point favorite. Los Angeles was lights out from beyond the arc (18-32; 56.3 percent). Golden State, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (29.4 vs. 10.0).
Of the Warriors’ 39 games, 22 have gone under the total. Golden State heads into the game with records of 9-30 straight up (SU) and 18-21 against the spread (ATS).
Much like Golden State, a little over half of Clippers games have finished under the total. Additionally, Los Angeles is 26-12 SU and 20-17-1 ATS.
Los Angeles could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their productive offense goes up against one of the worst defenses in the league. The Clippers rank fifth in offensive efficiency, while Golden State ranks 22nd in defensive efficiency.
Golden State Warriors at Los Angeles Clippers Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Warriors, O/U – Over
- The Clippers rank 18th in three pointers attempted per game (32.4) while the Warriors rank 28th (28.8).
- Golden State ranks fifth in steals per game (8.4) while Los Angeles ranks 28th in steals allowed per game (8.4).
- The Clippers rank first in second chance points per game (15.1) while the Warriors rank 20th (12.5).
- Los Angeles ranks fourth in points off turnovers (18.6 per game) while Golden State ranks 22nd in points off turnovers allowed (17.8 per game).
- Golden State ranks 12th in fast break points per game (13.3) while Los Angeles ranks 26th in fast break points allowed per game (15.5).
- The Clippers rank seventh in points in the paint per game (49.2) while the Warriors rank 29th (43.0).
- The Clippers average 47.9 rebounds per game, which ranks third in the league. The Warriors rank 21st in rebounds allowed per game (46.3).
- Los Angeles averages 5.0 blocks per game, which ranks 14th in the league. Golden State ranks 17th in blocks allowed per game (5.4).
- Los Angeles ranks fifth in assists allowed per game (22.8) while Golden State ranks 25th (25.1).
- Los Angeles is 11-0 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Golden State is 4-2.
- The Warriors are 9-18 when they reach 100 points, while the Clippers are 24-8.
- Golden State is 9-11 ATS on the road, while Los Angeles is 11-8-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 10 of the Clippers’ 20 home games, while 10 of the Warriors’ 20 road games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Golden State and Los Angeles are both 2-3 ATS.
- The Warriors have 3 unders and 2 overs over their last five games, while the Clippers have 4 overs and 1 under
- During their last five games, the Warriors have scored an average of 99.4 points per game (5.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 109.0 points per game (3.8 below their season average).
- The Clippers have been outscored by an average of 0.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Los Angeles has defeated opponents by an average of 6.0 points.