The No. 21 UCLA Bruins (0-0) and the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (0-0) square off at Mercedes-Benz Arena. UCLA is a 9.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 143.5 points. Tip-off is set for 11:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 11, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs. UCLA Bruins ATS Preview
UCLA reached the Sweet 16 last season as a three seed in the tournament, where the Kentucky Wildcats defeated them. The Bruins went 29-4 in the regular season. Georgia Tech, meanwhile, failed to reach the tournament following a 17-15 regular season campaign.
This matchup pits one of the NCAA’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses as UCLA ranked first in offensive efficiency and Georgia Tech was 32nd in defensive efficiency last season.
The Yellow Jackets had records of 17-15 straight up (SU) and 20-12 against the spread (ATS) last season. Of Georgia Tech’s 32 games with betting action last season, 19 finished under the projected point total.
On the other side, the Bruins owned records of 29-4 SU and 17-19 ATS last season. Games involving UCLA also had a slight tendency to go under the O/U total (52.8 percent).
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs. UCLA Bruins Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UCLA, ATS Winner – UCLA, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bruins rank first in assists per game (21.4) while the Yellow Jackets rank 148th in assists allowed per game (13.2).
- Georgia Tech averages 6.6 steals per game, which ranks 109th in the nation. UCLA ranks 153rd in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- UCLA ranks 57th in three pointers attempted per game (24.2) while Georgia Tech ranks 328th (13.9).
- The Bruins rank first in blocks allowed per game (1.8) while the Yellow Jackets rank 204th (3.9).
- UCLA ranks 41st in rebounds per game (38.5) while Georgia Tech ranks 214th in rebounds allowed per game (36.3).