The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (13-13, 7-8 ACC) will be at the Carrier Dome to clash with the Syracuse Orange (14-12, 7-8 ACC) in an ACC matchup. The game gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets at Syracuse Orange Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Orange lost big to the 11th-ranked Louisville Cardinals, 90-66, while the Yellow Jackets beat the Wake Forest Demon Deacons, 86-79.
Georgia Tech dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 29.0 (above their season average of 28.9) and a free throw rate of 0.580 (above their season average of 0.212). Wake Forest was 15.2 and 0.471, respectively, for those same stats. Syracuse, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.442 vs. 0.547). Syracuse was lifted by Quincy Guerrier, who recorded 14 points and 12 rebounds. Michael Devoe, meanwhile was a key piece for Georgia Tech with 24 points, five rebounds and five assists.
In their first matchup this season, Elijah Hughes led the Orange to a 97-63 victory. He was the game’s leading scorer with 33 points. Syracuse was effective at getting and making free throws. The Orange made 25 of their 30 free throws (83.3 percent), while the Yellow Jackets were just 7-18 (38.9 percent).
There’s a decent chance that Georgia Tech struggles to create turnovers. Syracuse ranks 47th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.0 percent), while Georgia Tech forces the 164th-most turnovers (19.5 percent).
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets at Syracuse Orange Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Syracuse, ATS Winner – Syracuse, O/U – Under
- Georgia Tech ranks 53rd in three pointers allowed per game (19.2) while Syracuse ranks 288th (28.4).
- The Yellow Jackets rank 124th in rebounds per game (36.0) while the Orange rank 233rd in rebounds allowed per game (37.1).
- Syracuse averages 4.5 blocks per game, which is ranked 35th in the nation. Georgia Tech ranks 137th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- The Yellow Jackets rank 125th in assists per game (13.5) while the Orange rank 268th in assists allowed per game (17.2).
- Syracuse averages 7.3 steals per game, which ranks 68th in the NCAA. Georgia Tech ranks 200th in steals allowed per game (7.6).
- The Yellow Jackets’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.0, up from 1.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Orange have scored an average of 76.0 points per game (2.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 83.8 points per game (14.2 above their season average).