The Texas State Bobcats (18-10, 11-6 SBC) close out their home schedule at Strahan Coliseum against the Georgia State Panthers (18-10, 11-6 SBC). Action begins at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Georgia State Panthers vs. Texas State Bobcats Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Bobcats were victorious over the Georgia Southern Eagles, 70-55, while the Panthers fell to the UT Arlington Mavericks, 70-62.
The Bobcats held the Eagles to an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.1 (below the 30.3 mark opponents have averaged against Texas State this season) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.582 (above their season average of 0.501). Georgia State, meanwhile, held UT Arlington to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.0 (below their season average of 27.7). Nijal Pearson had a solid performance for Texas State, finishing with 20 points and five rebounds. Georgia State, meanwhile, received a boost from Kane Williams, who contributed 21 points, seven rebounds and five assists.
In their first matchup this season, Joe Jones III led the Panthers to an 81-69 victory. He put up eight points and 11 rebounds. The Panthers’ offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over the Bobcats. Georgia State had a rate of 36.7, while Texas State posted a mark of 27.3.
Based on each team’s statistical profile, ball protection could play an integral role in this battle. Texas State commits the 54th-fewest miscues in the NCAA (turnover percentage of 17.1 percent), while the gambling defense of Georgia State forces the 48th-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 22.1 percent). It will also be a tale of two styles as the up-tempo Panthers rank 26th in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Bobcats rank 291st.
Georgia State at Texas State Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Texas State, ATS Winner – Texas State, O/U – Under
- Georgia State ranks 91st in three pointers attempted per game (23.7) while Texas State ranks 293rd (16.1).
- The Panthers rank 38th in blocks per game (4.4) while the Bobcats rank 126th (3.0).
- Texas State ranks 38th in assists allowed per game (10.7) while Georgia State ranks 100th (11.9).
- The Bobcats rank 84th in rebounds allowed per game (33.2) while the Panthers rank 243rd (37.3).
- Texas State ranks 22nd in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Georgia State ranks 118th (6.4).
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 77.0 points per game (1.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.8 points per game (1.6 above their season average).
- The Bobcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.4, up from 9.1 for the season.