The Ole Miss Rebels (2-0) will be at home in The Pavilion at Ole Miss when they clash against the Georgia State Panthers (2-0). Ole Miss opened as a 10-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 153 points. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, November 17, 2017.
Georgia State Panthers at Ole Miss Rebels ATS Preview
The Panthers won big over the Rice Owls in their last game, 75-54. With 14 points, seven rebounds and seven assists, Georgia State’s D’Marcus Simonds put together a solid performance. The Panthers had a much better turnover percentage (15.3 vs. 30.1) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.548 vs. 0.452).
In the Rebels last game, they defeated the Eastern Kentucky Colonels, 85-75. Terence Davis had a good outing for Ole Miss, finishing with 16 points and six rebounds. The Rebels had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (34.2 vs. 20.0) and had a much better turnover percentage (9.9 vs. 16.5).
The aggressive Ole Miss offense could be getting to the foul line a lot in this meeting. Dating back to last season, the Rebels rank sixth in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.320, while Georgia State ranks 283rd in FTA rate allowed (0.280).
Since last season, the Panthers are 22-12 straight up (SU) and 15-16 against the spread (ATS). Games including Georgia State have finished under the projected point total 54.8 percent of the time since last season.
The Rebels, meanwhile, have records of 22-13 SU and 22-15-1 ATS since last season. Over that same time frame, games including Ole Miss have finished over the projected point total 55.3 percent of the time.
Georgia State Panthers at Ole Miss Rebels Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Ole Miss, ATS Winner – Georgia State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Panthers rank 41st in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Rebels rank 169th (3.6).
- Georgia State ranks 158th in assists allowed per game (13.3) while Ole Miss ranks 275th (15.3).
- Ole Miss ranks 102nd in three pointers attempted per game (22.6) while Georgia State ranks 303rd in three pointers allowed per game (25.4).
- The Panthers average 7.5 steals per game, which ranks 42nd in the nation. The Rebels rank 208th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- Ole Miss ranks 21st in rebounds per game (39.6) while Georgia State ranks 168th (35.7).