The Dayton Flyers (4-5) will be at home in University of Dayton Arena when they meet the Georgia State Panthers (7-3). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 128.5 points with Dayton opening as a 4.5-point favorite. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017.
Georgia State Panthers at Dayton Flyers Odds Preview
The last time the Panthers played, they dismantled the Point University Skyhawks, 90-70. D’Marcus Simonds was the top scorer from either team with 33 points on 11-for-18 shooting. Georgia State played a flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.147 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.7 (below their season average of 26.3). Point University was 0.063 and 17.5, respectively, for those same stats.
The Flyers are trying to rebound after their 78-70 loss to the Penn Quakers in their last matchup. Josh Cunningham was the top scorer from either team with 21 points on 9-for-9 shooting. Penn did a terrific job of making free throws (13-18; 72.2 percent). Dayton, meanwhile, held the Quakers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.0 (below their season average of 27.6).
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of Dayton. Dating back to last season, Dayton ranks 295th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 18.0 percent), while the gambling defense of Georgia State has forced the 65th-most turnovers in the NCAA (21.7 percent). Games involving these teams have a tendency to go under the O/U total. Georgia State games have gone under 83.3 percent of the time, while 55.6 percent of Dayton games have gone under. The Panthers have the superior straight up (SU) record (7-3 vs. 4-5), but the Flyers hold the sizable advantage against the spread (ATS) (4-5 vs. 4-2).
Malik Benlevi has been outstanding over the last five games for Georgia State, averaging 14.2 points, 6.4 rebounds, 1.6 steals and 1.4 blocks per game.
Georgia State Panthers at Dayton Flyers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Dayton, ATS Winner – Georgia State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Flyers average 15.6 assists per game, which ranks 66th in the nation. The Panthers rank 119th in assists allowed per game (13.1).
- Dayton ranks 22nd in blocks allowed per game (3.4) while Georgia State ranks 63rd (2.9).
- Dayton ranks 73rd in three pointers attempted per game (21.6) while Georgia State ranks 233rd in three pointers allowed per game (25.1).
- The Panthers rank 49th in steals per game (7.5) while the Flyers rank 147th (7.3).
- Dayton ranks 29th in rebounds allowed per game (34.0) while Georgia State ranks 101st (34.0).