The Georgia State Panthers (3-1) battle against the Creighton Bluejays (3-1) in the Cayman Islands Classic at John Gray Gymnasium. Action begins at 7:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 20, 2018.
Georgia State Panthers vs. Creighton Bluejays Betting Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Bluejays defeated the Boise State Broncos 94-82, while the Panthers beat the St. Bonaventure Bonnies 75-65.
The Panthers forced 18 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.559 (above their season average of 0.481). Meanwhile, Creighton’s effective field goal percentage was their biggest advantage over Boise State. The Bluejays had a rate of 0.684 (above their season average of 0.567), while the Broncos posted a mark of 0.548. Marcus Zegarowski played a pivotal role for Creighton with 14 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, D’Marcus Simonds had a good game for Georgia State, putting up 25 points and seven rebounds.
It will be a showdown of contrasting tempos as the up-tempo Bluejays will look to push the more grind-it-out Panthers. Since last season, the Bluejays rank 58th in possessions per game while the Panthers are 255th. Also, the Panthers rank 52nd in turnover percentage (16.8 percent), while the Bluejays rank 315th in opponents’ turnover percentage (16.5 percent).
Georgia State Panthers vs. Creighton Bluejays Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Creighton, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Creighton averages 27.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 19th in the country. Georgia State ranks 305th in three pointers allowed per game (25.7).
- The Panthers rank 37th in steals per game (7.5) while the Bluejays rank 200th (5.6).
- Creighton averages 36.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 139th in the country. Georgia State ranks 271st in rebounds allowed per game (37.5).
- The Bluejays rank seventh in assists per game (17.5) while the Panthers rank 219th (12.8).
- Georgia State ranks 27th in blocks per game (4.8) while Creighton ranks 228th (2.6).