The Georgia State Panthers (18-9, 11-5 SBC) will be at the College Park Center to challenge the UT Arlington Mavericks (12-15, 8-8 SBC) in a SBC matchup. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
Georgia State Panthers at UT Arlington Mavericks Betting Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Mavericks defeated the Little Rock Trojans 76-65, while the Panthers beat the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers 92-80.
Georgia State played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.544 (above their season average of 0.224) and a turnover percentage of 16.3 (better than their season average of 16.6). Coastal Carolina put up marks of 0.414 and 20.3, respectively, for those same stats. The Mavericks, meanwhile, forced 17 turnovers and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.0 (above their season average of 27.4). UT Arlington was lifted by Brian Warren, who contributed 21 points. Meanwhile, Justin Roberts was a key piece for Georgia State with 17 points and six assists.
In their first matchup this season, Kane Williams led the Panthers to an 83-77 victory. He produced 17 points, nine rebounds and five assists. The Panthers’ 13.8 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Mavericks, who had a mark of 21.6.
Ball security could play a significant role in this meeting. UT Arlington commits the 47th-fewest miscues in the nation (turnover percentage of 16.9 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Georgia State forces the 40th-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 22.4 percent).
Georgia State Panthers at UT Arlington Mavericks ATS Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Georgia State, ATS Winner – Georgia State, O/U – Under
- Georgia State ranks 81st in rebounds per game (37.3) while UT Arlington ranks 240th in rebounds allowed per game (37.3).
- The Panthers average 14.7 assists per game, which ranks 50th in the country. The Mavericks rank 141st in assists allowed per game (12.6).
- UT Arlington ranks 64th in three pointers attempted per game (24.7) while Georgia State ranks 149th in three pointers allowed per game (21.7).
- The Panthers rank 31st in steals per game (8.2) while the Mavericks rank 160th (5.9).
- Georgia State ranks 44th in blocks per game (4.3) while UT Arlington ranks 138th (2.9).
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 80.2 points per game (0.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.6 points per game (4.3 above their season average).
- The Mavericks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.8, up from 2.6 for the season.