The Charleston Cougars (1-0) will be at home in TD Arena when they meet the Georgia State Panthers (1-0). The game is scheduled to start at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 9, 2019.
Georgia State Panthers at Charleston Cougars Betting Odds
Both teams had no trouble getting past their last opponent. The Cougars defeated the USC Upstate Spartans 74-55, while the Panthers beat the Brewton-Parker College Barons 104-35.
Georgia State dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.254 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.606. For those same stats, Brewton-Parker College was 0.102 and 0.246, respectively. Meanwhile, Charleston dominated every stat category in their game. They had a free throw rate of 0.375 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.4. For those same stats, USC Upstate was 0.161 and 20.0, respectively. Charleston was led by Grant Riller, who put up 26 points. Damon Wilson, meanwhile played well for Georgia State, contributing 22 points and seven rebounds.
Ball security could play a significant role in this meeting. Since last season, Charleston has committed the 25th-fewest miscues in the NCAA (turnover percentage of 15.9 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Georgia State has forced the 36th-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 21.7 percent).
Georgia State Panthers vs. Charleston Cougars Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Charleston, ATS Winner – Charleston, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Charleston ranks 25th in rebounds allowed per game (31.6) while Georgia State ranks 293rd (39.1).
- The Cougars rank 134th in assists allowed per game (12.6) while the Panthers rank 260th (14.7).
- Georgia State ranks 21st in steals per game (8.1) while Charleston ranks 115th (6.5).
- The Panthers rank 19th in blocks per game (4.7) while the Cougars rank 238th (2.3).
- Georgia State ranks 63rd in three pointers attempted per game (25.3) while Charleston ranks 254th (20.1).