Expect a fast-paced game when the Georgia Southern Eagles (17-12, 11-7 SBC) travel to Georgia State to play the Panthers (18-11, 11-7 SBC). The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, February 28, 2020.
Georgia Southern Eagles at Georgia State Panthers Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Panthers were beaten by the Texas State Bobcats, 86-76, while the Eagles had no trouble getting past the UT Arlington Mavericks, 81-61.
The Eagles made 17 of their 23 free throws (73.9 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.604 (above their season average of 0.499). Georgia State, on the other hand, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.578 (above their season average of 0.509). Kane Williams put together a good outing for Georgia State with 23 points, seven rebounds and six assists. Georgia Southern rallied around Quan Jackson, who put up 26 points.
In their first matchup this season, Williams led the Panthers to an 82-77 victory. He produced 15 points and seven rebounds. The Panthers’ 10.4 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Eagles, who had a rate of 18.4.
There should be a fair amount of transition offense in this battle that showcases two of the country’s more fast-breaking teams. Georgia State ranks 28th in possessions per game (73.6) and Georgia Southern is 46th (72.4).
Georgia Southern Eagles at Georgia State Panthers Odds Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Georgia State, ATS Winner – Georgia State, O/U – Over
- Georgia State ranks 78th in rebounds per game (37.4) while Georgia Southern ranks 251st in rebounds allowed per game (38.2).
- The Eagles rank 37th in steals per game (7.9) while the Panthers rank 124th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- Georgia Southern ranks 55th in three pointers attempted per game (25.1) while Georgia State ranks 129th in three pointers allowed per game (21.3).
- The Eagles rank 26th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Panthers rank 149th (3.8).
- Georgia State averages 14.6 assists per game, which ranks 54th in the nation. Georgia Southern ranks 172nd in assists allowed per game (13.2).
- The Panthers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.6, down from 6.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 71.6 points per game (3.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.2 points per game (2.2 below their season average).