The Georgia Southern Eagles (16-12, 10-7 SBC) will be at the College Park Center to meet the UT Arlington Mavericks (13-15, 9-8 SBC) in a SBC matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Georgia Southern Eagles at UT Arlington Mavericks ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Mavericks were victorious over the Georgia State Panthers, 70-62, while the Eagles lost to the Texas State Bobcats, 70-55.
UT Arlington played a nearly flawless game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.258 (above their season average of 0.219) and a turnover percentage of 12.2 (better than their season average of 14.7). Georgia State had marks of 0.118 and 17.5, respectively, for those same stats. Georgia Southern, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.313 (above their season average of 0.236). Radshad Davis had a solid performance for UT Arlington with seven points and 12 rebounds. Meanwhile, Georgia Southern received a boost from Isaiah Crawley, who put up 18 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Ike Smith led the Eagles to a 77-74 win. He put up 16 points and nine rebounds. The Eagles’ turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Mavericks. Georgia Southern had a rate of 11.4, while UT Arlington posted a mark of 21.1.
Ball protection could play a key role in this battle. UT Arlington commits the 40th-fewest miscues in the NCAA (turnover percentage of 16.8 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Georgia Southern forces the 44th-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 22.3 percent).
Georgia Southern Eagles at UT Arlington Mavericks Odds Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – UT Arlington, ATS Winner – UT Arlington, O/U – Over
- UT Arlington averages 37.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 94th in the nation. Georgia Southern ranks 273rd in rebounds allowed per game (38.5).
- The Eagles rank 48th in blocks per game (4.1) while the Mavericks rank 133rd (2.9).
- Georgia Southern averages 25.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 48th in the NCAA. UT Arlington ranks 133rd in three pointers allowed per game (21.3).
- The Eagles rank 37th in steals per game (8.0) while the Mavericks rank 156th (6.0).
- UT Arlington ranks 57th in assists per game (14.6) while Georgia Southern ranks 169th in assists allowed per game (13.2).
- During their last five games, the Mavericks have scored an average of 69.6 points per game (0.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.0 points per game (0.4 above their season average).
- The Eagles have been outscored by an average of 0.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Georgia Southern has defeated opponents by an average of 4.1 points.