The Georgia Southern Eagles (16-11, 10-6 SBC) will be at Strahan Coliseum to clash against the Texas State Bobcats (17-10, 10-6 SBC) in a SBC matchup. The game starts at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
Georgia Southern Eagles vs. Texas State Bobcats ATS Odds
In their last game, the Bobcats defeated the Arkansas State Red Wolves, 69-64, while the Eagles were beaten by the Appalachian State Mountaineers, 62-57.
Texas State played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 42.9 (above their season average of 29.8) and a turnover percentage of 15.9 (worse than their season average of 14.7). Arkansas State was 28.6 and 19.0, respectively, for those same stats. Georgia Southern, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.216 vs. 0.155). Nijal Pearson had a good performance for Texas State with 27 points and seven rebounds. Meanwhile, Georgia Southern received a boost from Quan Jackson, who recorded 17 points.
In their first matchup this year, David-Lee Jones Jr. led the Eagles to a 67-64 win. He recorded 15 points. Georgia Southern’s rebounding was their largest advantage. The Eagles had more offensive rebounds (14 vs. 3), defensive rebounds (23 vs. 19) and total rebounds (37 vs. 22).
Based on each team’s statistical profile, ball protection could play a significant role in this contest. Texas State commits the 51st-fewest miscues in the nation (turnover percentage of 17.0 percent), while the disruptive defense of Georgia Southern forces the 45th-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 22.3 percent). It will also be a tale of two paces as the up-tempo Eagles rank 42nd in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Bobcats rank 287th.
Georgia Southern Eagles at Texas State Bobcats Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Texas State, ATS Winner – Texas State, O/U – Over
- Georgia Southern ranks 44th in three pointers attempted per game (25.9) while Texas State ranks 292nd (16.1).
- The Eagles rank 35th in steals per game (8.1) while the Bobcats rank 124th (6.5).
- Georgia Southern ranks 20th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while Texas State ranks 108th (3.3).
- The Bobcats rank 91st in rebounds allowed per game (33.4) while the Eagles rank 268th (38.4).
- Texas State ranks 40th in assists allowed per game (10.7) while Georgia Southern ranks 168th (13.1).
- The Eagles’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.8, down from 4.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bobcats have scored an average of 74.2 points per game (1.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 63.8 points per game (0.2 above their season average).