The Vanderbilt Commodores (9-17, 1-12 SEC) welcome the Georgia Bulldogs (13-13, 3-10 SEC) to Memorial Gym. The Bulldogs can end a six-game road losing streak. Action begins at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020, and can be seen on SEC Network.
Georgia Bulldogs at Vanderbilt Commodores Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Commodores lost to the Tennessee Volunteers, 65-61, while the Bulldogs defeated the 13th-ranked Auburn Tigers, 65-55.
The Bulldogs had a great free throw rate of 0.281 (above their season average of 0.233) and held the Tigers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.343 (below their season average of 0.505). Vanderbilt, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (15.8 vs. 20.1). Jordan Wright had a solid game for Vanderbilt with 23 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Georgia rallied around Toumani Camara, who finished with 12 points and eight rebounds.
The Bulldogs won the only contest between these two teams last season, 82-63. Georgia’s free throw rate was their largest advantage over Vanderbilt. The Bulldogs had a rate of 0.283, while the Commodores posted a mark of 0.157. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
This contest should be a battle of opposite paces. Georgia prefers a fast-breaking style of play (38th in possessions per game), while Vanderbilt is more half-court-oriented (157th in possessions per game).
Georgia Bulldogs at Vanderbilt Commodores Betting Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Vanderbilt, ATS Winner – Vanderbilt, O/U – Under
- Georgia ranks 46th in rebounds per game (38.6) while Vanderbilt ranks 260th (32.7).
- The Bulldogs average 13.7 assists per game, which ranks 112th in the nation. The Commodores rank 171st in assists allowed per game (13.3).
- Vanderbilt averages 7.2 steals per game, which ranks 78th in the country. Georgia ranks 136th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- The Commodores rank 32nd in three pointers allowed per game (18.3) while the Bulldogs rank 160th (22.0).
- Georgia ranks 84th in blocks per game (3.5) while Vanderbilt ranks 147th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- During their last five games, the Commodores have scored an average of 72.0 points per game (0.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 79.4 points per game (5.1 above their season average).
- The Bulldogs have been outscored by an average of 4.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Georgia has defeated opponents by an average of 1.1 points.