The Temple Owls (2-0) will be at home in the Liacouras Center when they square off against the Georgia Bulldogs (1-0). The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 13, 2018, and will air on ESPN 3.
Georgia Bulldogs vs. Temple Owls Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Owls were victorious over the Detroit Titans 83-67, while the Bulldogs easily got past the Savannah State Tigers 110-76.
Georgia dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.271 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.650. For those same stats, Savannah State put up marks of 0.011 and 0.403, respectively. Meanwhile, Temple dominated nearly every facet of their game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 44.4 and a free throw rate of 0.226. For those same stats, Detroit had marks of 24.1 and 0.154, respectively. Shizz Alston Jr. had a solid performance for Temple, putting up 30 points and five rebounds. Georgia was led by Nicolas Claxton, who finished with 15 points, 13 rebounds and five blocks.
The Bulldogs won the only game between these two teams last year, 84-66. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Georgia’s largest advantages. They had 39 free throw attempts, while Temple had just 13.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the country’s slowest-paced teams clash. Temple ranks 258th in possessions per game (68.0) and Georgia is 325th (66.3) dating back to the 2017-18 season. Also, the sixth-ranked defense of the Bulldogs (effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.454) will face off against the 268th-ranked offense of the Owls (effective field goal percentage of 0.493).
Georgia at Temple Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Georgia, ATS Winner – Georgia, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Georgia averages 40.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 14th in the NCAA. Temple ranks 271st in rebounds allowed per game (37.5).
- The Bulldogs rank 26th in blocks per game (4.9) while the Owls rank 147th (3.2).
- Georgia ranks 18th in assists allowed per game (10.7) while Temple ranks 139th (13.2).
- The Owls rank 84th in steals per game (6.8) while the Bulldogs rank 283rd (3.9).
- Temple ranks 111th in three pointers attempted per game (23.3) while Georgia ranks 266th (19.4).