The Georgia Bulldogs (14-13, 4-10 SEC) will be at Colonial Life Arena to clash against the South Carolina Gamecocks (16-11, 8-6 SEC) in a SEC matchup. The game starts at 6:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020, and will air on SEC Network.
Georgia Bulldogs vs. South Carolina Gamecocks Betting Odds
In their last game, the Gamecocks lost to the LSU Tigers, 86-80, while the Bulldogs edged the Vanderbilt Commodores, 80-78.
Georgia out-rebounded Vanderbilt. The Bulldogs had 10 offensive rebounds and 30 total rebounds, while the Commodores had four and 20, respectively. South Carolina, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 11.3 (better than their season average of 16.4). South Carolina was lifted by Keyshawn Bryant, who put up 15 points and 10 rebounds. Anthony Edwards, meanwhile was a key piece for Georgia with 19 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, AJ Lawson led the Gamecocks to a 75-59 victory. He was the game’s leading scorer with 20 points. South Carolina won the rebounding battle. The Gamecocks had more offensive rebounds (14 vs. 8), defensive rebounds (31 vs. 25) and total rebounds (45 vs. 33).
The offensive glass should be a huge advantage for South Carolina in this battle. The Gamecocks rank 55th in offensive rebounding percentage (32.2 percent), while Georgia ranks 284th in defensive rebounding percentage (69.7 percent). Ball protection could be troublesome for the Bulldogs. They rank 297th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 20.9 percent), while the Gamecocks force the 41st-most turnovers in the nation (opponents’ turnover percentage of 22.2 percent).
Georgia Bulldogs at South Carolina Gamecocks Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – South Carolina, ATS Winner – South Carolina, O/U – Under
- Georgia ranks 101st in three pointers attempted per game (23.4) while South Carolina ranks 252nd (18.8).
- The Gamecocks rank 46th in blocks per game (4.3) while the Bulldogs rank 113th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- South Carolina averages 14.0 assists per game, which ranks 80th in the NCAA. Georgia ranks 136th in assists allowed per game (12.6).
- The Gamecocks rank 82nd in rebounds per game (37.3) while the Bulldogs rank 197th in rebounds allowed per game (36.2).
- South Carolina averages 7.9 steals per game, which ranks 46th in the nation. Georgia ranks 144th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- The Bulldogs have been outscored by an average of 2.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Georgia has defeated opponents by an average of 1.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Gamecocks have scored an average of 73.6 points per game (1.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 67.8 points per game (0.3 above their season average).