The Georgia Bulldogs (3-0) are off to a hot start and will try to stay unbeaten when they take on the Cal State Fullerton Titans (1-2) at Titan Gym. Tip-off is set for 10:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 23, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPNews.
Georgia Bulldogs at Cal State Fullerton Titans ATS Preview
In the Bulldogs last outing, they won a close one over the Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders, 68-65. Yante Maten led Georgia in scoring with 19 points on 5-for-8 shooting. Georgia dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.467 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi put up marks of 0.214 and 27.3, respectively, for those same stats.
The Titans hope to keep it rolling after blowing out the Bethesda Flames in their last contest, 77-35. Cal State Fullerton rallied around Austen Awosika, who recorded 10 points and nine rebounds. Cal State Fullerton played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 39.6 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.461. For those same stats, Bethesda was 11.4 and 0.198, respectively.
Cal State Fullerton might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they go head-to-head against one of the NCAAs best defenses. Since last season, Georgia ranks 87th in defensive efficiency while the Titans rank 294th in offensive efficiency. Also, the Bulldogs, who rank 13th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.312), will go head-to-head against the Titans, who rank 301st in opponents FTA rate (0.286).
Georgia Bulldogs at Cal State Fullerton Titans Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Cal State Fullerton, ATS Winner – Cal State Fullerton, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bulldogs average 4.0 blocks per game, which ranks 84th in the nation. The Titans rank 149th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Georgia ranks 210th in assists per game (12.8) while Cal State Fullerton ranks 248th (12.0).
- Cal State Fullerton ranks 88th in steals per game (6.9) while Georgia ranks 192nd in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- The Titans rank 218th in three pointers attempted per game (19.7) while the Bulldogs rank 312th (16.2).
- Cal State Fullerton averages 38.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 62nd in the NCAA. Georgia ranks 139th in rebounds allowed per game (34.6).