The SMU Mustangs (8-0) hope to remain perfect when they challenge the Georgetown Hoyas (5-3) at Moody Coliseum. The game can be seen on ESPNU at 9:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 7, 2019.
Georgetown Hoyas vs. SMU Mustangs ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Mustangs dismantled the Northwestern State Demons 77-51, while the Hoyas beat the Oklahoma State Cowboys 81-74.
Georgetown dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 39.4 (above their season average of 36.2) and a free throw rate of 0.219 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Oklahoma State recorded marks of 23.1 and 0.194, respectively. The Mustangs, on the other hand, made 20 of their 24 free throws (83.3 percent) and held the Demons to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.4 (below their season average of 28.1). Isiaha Mike played a pivotal role for SMU with 16 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Georgetown received a boost from Mac McClung, who recorded 33 points.
The Mustangs won the sole game between these two teams last year, 81-73. SMU made 10 of their 25 three pointers (40.0 percent), while Georgetown was 4-18 (22.2 percent).
The productive offense of SMU will clash against the mid-tier defense of Georgetown. Since last season, the Mustangs rank 41st in offensive efficiency, while the Hoyas are 249th in defensive efficiency. The Mustangs figure to have the advantage on that end of the court. It will also be a battle of conflicting tempos as the up-tempo Hoyas rank 21st in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Mustangs rank 333rd.
Georgetown Hoyas vs. SMU Mustangs Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Smu, ATS Winner – Georgetown, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Georgetown averages 16.1 assists per game, which ranks 20th in the nation. SMU ranks 259th in assists allowed per game (14.8).
- The Hoyas rank 25th in rebounds per game (39.5) while the Mustangs rank 125th (36.5).
- Georgetown ranks 48th in blocks per game (4.3) while SMU ranks 106th (3.6).
- The Mustangs rank 20th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Hoyas rank 255th (7.9).
- SMU averages 23.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 113th in the nation. Georgetown ranks 290th in three pointers allowed per game (25.8).