The Georgetown Hoyas (14-10, 4-7 Big East) will be at Hinkle Fieldhouse to meet the 19th-ranked Butler Bulldogs (19-6, 7-5 Big East) in a Big East matchup. The game gets underway at 2:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Georgetown Hoyas vs. Butler Bulldogs Betting Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Bulldogs defeated the Xavier Musketeers 66-61, while the Hoyas beat the DePaul Blue Demons 76-72.
Georgetown dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.310 (above their season average of 0.263) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.500 (above their season average of 0.493). DePaul had marks of 0.175 and 0.484, respectively, for those same stats. The Bulldogs, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.151 vs. 0.127) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.547 (above their season average of 0.525). Kamar Baldwin put together a good performance for Butler with 11 points and five assists. Meanwhile, Jahvon Blair had a good game for Georgetown, contributing 30 points.
In their first matchup this year, Sean McDermott led the Bulldogs to a 69-64 victory. He scored a game-high 25 points. Butler had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.555 vs. 0.373). Georgetown, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (10.0 vs. 20.0).
The high-octane offense of Butler will go head-to-head against the mid-tier defense of Georgetown. The Bulldogs currently rank 75th in offensive efficiency, while the Hoyas are 215th in defensive efficiency. The Bulldogs figure to have the edge on that end of the court. Furthermore, the Hoyas, who rank 32nd in offensive rebounding percentage (33.7 percent), will face a tough test against the Bulldogs, who rank 52nd in defensive rebounding percentage (75.3 percent).
Georgetown Hoyas vs. Butler Bulldogs Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Butler, ATS Winner – Georgetown, O/U – Under
- Butler ranks 59th in assists allowed per game (11.2) while Georgetown ranks 226th (15.0).
- The Hoyas rank 38th in blocks per game (4.4) while the Bulldogs rank 150th (2.7).
- The Hoyas rank 24th in rebounds per game (39.5) while the Bulldogs rank 169th (34.9).
- Butler ranks 133rd in three pointers allowed per game (21.4) while Georgetown ranks 265th (25.2).
- During their last five games, the Hoyas have scored an average of 68.2 points per game (8.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.4 points per game (1.8 below their season average).
- The Bulldogs have been outscored by an average of 2.0 points in their last five games. For the season, Butler has defeated opponents by an average of 7.6 points.