A six-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Butler Bulldogs (9-4) when they welcome the Georgetown Hoyas (10-3) to Hinkle Fieldhouse. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 2, 2019.
Georgetown Hoyas at Butler Bulldogs Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Bulldogs had no trouble getting past the Miami (OH) RedHawks 90-68, while the Hoyas were victorious over the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks 68-53.
Georgetown played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.250 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.529. For those same stats, Maryland Eastern Shore was 0.079 and 0.381, respectively. Butler, on the other hand, dominated nearly every facet of their game. They had a free throw rate of 0.207 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 46.2. For those same stats, Miami (OH) was 0.095 and 23.5, respectively. Paul Jorgensen played a key role for Butler with 17 points and seven rebounds. Meanwhile, Georgetown was lifted by Josh LeBlanc, who contributed 11 points and 11 rebounds.
This series was highly contested last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the last matchup, the Hoyas won 87-83. Georgetown had a much better free throw rate (0.373 vs. 0.242). Butler, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (10.8 vs. 18.0). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
The Hoyas’ Jessie Govan has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 0 points per game. Meanwhile, Jorgensen has averaged 0 points during that same time frame for the Bulldogs.
Butler could put on a ball-control clinic in this matchup. Butler ranks 32nd in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.2 percent), while Georgetown forces the 99th-fewest turnovers (18.1 percent). This game should be a showdown of opposite paces. The fast-paced Hoyas rank 20th in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Bulldogs rank 341st.
Georgetown Hoyas at Butler Bulldogs Betting Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Butler, ATS Winner – Georgetown, O/U – Under
- Georgetown ranks 19th in rebounds per game (41.1) while Butler ranks 240th (31.8).
- The Bulldogs rank 16th in assists allowed per game (10.0) while the Hoyas rank 153rd (14.2).
- Georgetown averages 4.0 blocks per game, which ranks 64th in the country. Butler ranks 86th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- The Bulldogs rank 62nd in three pointers allowed per game (20.4) while the Hoyas rank 231st (26.1).
- Butler ranks 46th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while Georgetown ranks 184th (8.5).
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 15.2, up from 7.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hoyas have scored an average of 73.8 points per game (8.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.8 points per game (5.7 below their season average).