The No. 4 Villanova Wildcats (26-4, 13-4 Big East) and Georgetown Hoyas (15-13, 5-12 Big East) will face off at Wells Fargo Center to close out the regular season. Tip-off is set for 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 3, 2018.
Georgetown Hoyas vs. Villanova Wildcats Free Preview
In the Hoyas last outing, they fell to the Marquette Golden Eagles, 90-86. Georgetown’s Jessie Govan had a solid game, leading the team in scoring with 25 points on 10-for-20 shooting. Marquette was lights out from beyond the arc (18-31; 58.1 percent). Georgetown, on the other hand, did a great job of getting and making free throws (24-29; 82.8 percent).
The Wildcats will look to keep it rolling after narrowly defeating the Seton Hall Pirates in their last outing, 69-68. Villanova was lifted by Mikal Bridges, who led the team in scoring with 23 points on 9-for-18 shooting. The Wildcats had a better turnover percentage (13.1 vs. 14.1) and held the Pirates to an effective field goal percentage of 0.423 (below their season average of 0.531).
Villanova should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Villanova ranks eighth in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 14.7 percent), while Georgetown forces the 89th-fewest turnovers (17.4 percent). Moreover, the Hoyas rank 18th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.298), while the Wildcats rank 28th in opponents FTA rate (0.187).
These teams have already met once this season. The Wildcats won 88-56. Villanova launched 33 three pointers, making 17 of them (51.5 percent). Georgetown was, meanwhile, 4-15 (26.7 percent). Donte DiVincenzo had a stellar game, with 13 points, seven rebounds and five assists.
Georgetown Hoyas vs. Villanova Wildcats Betting Prediction
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Villanova, ATS Winner – Villanova, O/U – Over
- The Hoyas rank 36th in rebounds per game (38.7) while the Wildcats rank 153rd (35.4).
- Villanova ranks 41st in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Georgetown ranks 107th (3.4).
- Villanova ranks 11th in three pointers attempted per game (28.5) while Georgetown ranks 260th in three pointers allowed per game (24.8).
- The Wildcats rank 21st in assists per game (16.6) while the Hoyas rank 221st in assists allowed per game (15.0).
- Villanova ranks ninth in steals allowed per game (4.6) while Georgetown ranks 199th (7.3).
- The Wildcats average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.4, down from 15.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hoyas have scored an average of 80.4 points per game (1.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 83.2 points per game (7.9 above their season average).