The Georgetown Hoyas (12-7, 2-4 Big East) will be at the Cintas Center to go head-to-head against the Xavier Musketeers (12-6, 1-4 Big East) in a Big East matchup. The game begins at 6:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 22, 2020.
Georgetown Hoyas vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last outing. The Musketeers got blown out by the Marquette Golden Eagles, 85-65, while the Hoyas were beaten by the Marquette Golden Eagles, 84-80.
Georgetown had an effective field goal percentage of 0.585 (above their season average of 0.508) while Xavier had a turnover percentage of 9.9 (better than their season average of 17.1). Xavier was lifted by Tyrique Jones, who had 16 points and six rebounds. Omer Yurtseven, meanwhile was a key piece for Georgetown with 22 points and 11 rebounds.
This series was highly contested last year, as the teams split their two games last season. The Hoyas won the most recent matchup 80-73. Georgetown’s 0.286 free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Xavier, who had a rate of 0.121. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Georgetown should have an advantage on the offensive glass in this showdown. The Hoyas rank 31st in offensive rebounding percentage (34.7 percent), while Xavier ranks 223rd in defensive rebounding percentage (71.1 percent).
Georgetown Hoyas vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Xavier, ATS Winner – Georgetown, O/U – Over
- Georgetown averages 39.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 33rd in the country. Xavier ranks 192nd in rebounds allowed per game (36.3).
- The Musketeers rank 129th in steals per game (6.3) while the Hoyas rank 189th in steals allowed per game (7.9).
- Georgetown ranks 35th in blocks per game (4.6) while Xavier ranks 73rd in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- The Musketeers rank 92nd in three pointers allowed per game (20.7) while the Hoyas rank 248th (25.8).
- Xavier ranks 74th in assists per game (14.4) while Georgetown ranks 215th in assists allowed per game (14.8).
- During their last five games, the Hoyas have scored an average of 75.6 points per game (3.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.6 points per game (4.0 above their season average).
- The Musketeers have been outscored by an average of 8.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Xavier has defeated opponents by an average of 4.7 points.