The Georgetown Hoyas (2-0) will travel to the State Farm Center to meet the Illinois Fighting Illini (1-0). Action begins at 8:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 13, 2018.
Georgetown Hoyas at Illinois Fighting Illini ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Fighting Illini dismantled the Evansville Aces 99-60, while the Hoyas defeated the Central Connecticut State Blue Devils 85-78.
Georgetown dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.339 and a turnover percentage of 15.6. Central Connecticut State was 0.172 and 20.7, respectively, for those same stats. The Fighting Illini, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (15.4 vs. 29.3) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.648 vs. 0.434). Ayo Dosunmu played well for Illinois with 18 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Jessie Govan led the way for Georgetown, contributing 26 points and eight rebounds.
Getting to the line might be rare for Illinois in this contest. The Fighting Illini rank 170th in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.240, while Georgetown ranks 66th in FTA rate allowed (0.205) dating back to last season. Moreover, the Hoyas rank 321st in turnover percentage (21.0 percent), while the Fighting Illini rank second in opponents’ turnover percentage (24.2 percent).
Georgetown Hoyas at Illinois Fighting Illini Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Georgetown, ATS Winner – Georgetown, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Illinois ranks 18th in three pointers allowed per game (18.4) while Georgetown ranks 284th (24.8).
- The Fighting Illini rank 109th in assists allowed per game (12.7) while the Hoyas rank 270th (15.1).
- Georgetown ranks 86th in blocks per game (3.8) while Illinois ranks 244th in blocks allowed per game (4.5).
- The Hoyas rank 51st in rebounds per game (38.3) while the Fighting Illini rank 271st (33.1).
- Illinois averages 7.6 steals per game, which ranks 29th in the country. Georgetown ranks 245th in steals allowed per game (7.2).