The DePaul Blue Demons (13-13, 1-12 Big East) and the Georgetown Hoyas (15-11, 5-8 Big East) battle at Wintrust Arena. The Blue Demons look to put an end to their eight-game losing streak. The game begins at 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Georgetown Hoyas vs. DePaul Blue Demons ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last contest. The Blue Demons lost big to the 12th-ranked Villanova Wildcats, 91-71, while the Hoyas were beaten by the Providence Friars, 73-63.
Georgetown did a terrific job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (25-32; 78.1 percent) while DePaul forced Villanova into a turnover percentage of 21.5 (above their season average of 13.8). Jalen Coleman-Lands had a solid performance for DePaul, recording 17 points. Georgetown, meanwhile, was led by Jamorko Pickett, who recorded 12 points and 12 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Blair led the Hoyas to a 76-72 win. He scored a game-high 30 points. One of Georgetown’s biggest advantages was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 18-19 (94.7 percent), while the Blue Demons were 11-15 (73.3 percent).
DePaul may have difficulty getting to the free throw line in this matchup. The Blue Demons currently rank 209th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.220, while Georgetown ranks 81st in FTA rate allowed (0.195).
Georgetown at DePaul ATS Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – DePaul, ATS Winner – DePaul, O/U – Over
- Georgetown ranks 42nd in rebounds per game (38.8) while DePaul ranks 226th in rebounds allowed per game (36.9).
- The Hoyas rank 42nd in blocks per game (4.3) while the Blue Demons rank 131st in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- Georgetown averages 17.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 265th in the NCAA. DePaul ranks 238th in three pointers allowed per game (24.3).
- The Blue Demons average 8.6 steals per game, which ranks 20th in the NCAA. The Hoyas rank 200th in steals allowed per game (7.6).
- Georgetown averages 15.3 assists per game, which ranks 30th in the nation. DePaul ranks 201st in assists allowed per game (13.8).
- The Blue Demons have been outscored by an average of 13.0 points in their last five games. For the season, DePaul has defeated opponents by an average of 1.7 points.
- During their last five games, the Hoyas have scored an average of 71.2 points per game (4.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.2 points per game (0.7 below their season average).