The VCU Rams (17-11, 7-8 A10) and the George Washington Colonials (12-16, 6-9 A10) clash at Stuart Siegel Center. The Rams will attempt to snap their five-game losing streak. The game starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020, and will air on CBS Sports Network.
George Washington Colonials at VCU Rams ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last outing. The Rams fell to the Massachusetts Minutemen, 60-52, while the Colonials lost a tough one against the Richmond Spiders, 73-70.
George Washington had an effective field goal percentage of 0.569 (above their season average of 0.494) while VCU had a much better turnover percentage (13.7 vs. 18.7). Marcus Santos-Silva put together a solid game for VCU with 14 points and 11 rebounds. George Washington received a boost from Armel Potter, who put up 17 points, 12 assists and five rebounds.
The Rams dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the last game, VCU won 85-57. VCU was effective at getting and making free throws. The Rams made 20 of their 25 free throws (80.0 percent), while the Colonials were just 9-10 (90.0 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
George Washington might struggle to put up points as they clash against one of the nation’s best defenses. VCU ranks 31st in defensive efficiency while the Colonials rank 244th in offensive efficiency.
George Washington Colonials vs. VCU Rams Odds Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – VCU, ATS Winner – VCU, O/U – Under
- VCU ranks eighth in steals per game (9.3) while George Washington ranks 197th (5.4).
- The Rams rank 40th in blocks per game (4.4) while the Colonials rank 143rd in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- George Washington allows the 21st-fewest three pointers per game (17.5) while VCU ranks 37th (18.5).
- The Rams have been outscored by an average of 10.8 points in their last five games. For the season, VCU has defeated opponents by an average of 5.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Colonials have scored an average of 65.2 points per game (1.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.2 points per game (2.3 above their season average).