An eight-game home winning streak is on the line for the Saint Louis Billikens (12-3, 1-1 A10) when they welcome the George Washington Colonials (6-8, 0-1 A10) to Chaifetz Arena. The game begins at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 8, 2020.
George Washington Colonials vs. Saint Louis Billikens ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Billikens edged the Massachusetts Minutemen, 83-80, while the Colonials fell to the St. Bonaventure Bonnies, 71-66.
The Billikens, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.488, had a mark of 0.507, while the Minutemen had a turnover percentage of 24.6 (above their season average of 16.6). George Washington, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (11.6 vs. 12.0). Saint Louis rallied around Hasahn French, who finished with 19 points, 13 rebounds and five assists. Meanwhile, Jamison Battle had a good outing for George Washington, finishing with 20 points and six rebounds.
The Billikens won the sole game between these two teams last year, 73-58. Converting at the free throw line was one of Saint Louis’ largest strengths. They were 18-22 (81.8 percent), while the Colonials were just 8-14 (57.1 percent). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Saint Louis figures to have a noteworthy advantage. The Billikens defense ranks 83rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.462), while the George Washington offense is ranked 241st in effective field goal percentage (0.487).
George Washington Colonials vs. Saint Louis Billikens ATS Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Saint Louis, ATS Winner – George Washington, O/U – Over
- Saint Louis ranks 18th in rebounds per game (41.4) while George Washington ranks 231st (33.6).
- The Colonials rank 39th in blocks per game (4.6) while the Billikens rank 106th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- George Washington ranks 41st in assists allowed per game (10.6) while Saint Louis ranks 84th (11.7).
- The Colonials rank 74th in three pointers attempted per game (24.5) while the Billikens rank 240th (18.4).
- Saint Louis ranks 50th in steals per game (8.1) while George Washington ranks 197th (5.0).
- The Colonials’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.0, up from 2.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Billikens have scored an average of 73.4 points per game (0.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.4 points per game (4.7 above their season average).