The George Washington Colonials (3-8) and the Harvard Crimson (4-5) clash at Lavietes Pavilion. The Colonials look to snap their five-game losing streak. The game starts at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 22, 2018.
George Washington Colonials vs. Harvard Crimson Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Crimson defeated the MIT Engineers, 78-66, while the Colonials lost a tough one against the Stony Brook Seawolves, 77-74.
Harvard’s 0.618 effective field goal percentage was their biggest advantage over MIT, who had a rate of 0.425. George Washington, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.527 vs. 0.429). Chris Lewis played well for Harvard, putting up 20 points. Meanwhile, Arnaldo Toro fueled George Washington with 13 points and 11 rebounds.
The Colonials won the sole contest between these two teams last year, 58-48. George Washington had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.472 vs. 0.333). Harvard, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (33.3 vs. 21.2).
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams battle. Harvard ranks 280th in possessions per game (67.7) and George Washington is 278th (66.3) dating back to the 2017-18 season.
George Washington at Harvard ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Harvard, ATS Winner – George Washington, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Harvard ranks 23rd in rebounds allowed per game (32.0) while George Washington ranks 200th (34.2).
- The Colonials rank 119th in steals per game (5.8) while the Crimson rank 163rd in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- Harvard ranks 137th in assists per game (12.8) while George Washington ranks 156th in assists allowed per game (13.6).
- The Crimson rank 155th in three pointers attempted per game (22.6) while the Colonials rank 231st (17.5).
- Harvard ranks 50th in blocks per game (3.8) while George Washington ranks 111th (4.5).