The George Washington Colonials (10-14, 4-7 A10) will be at EagleBank Arena to take on the George Mason Patriots (14-10, 3-8 A10) in an A10 matchup. The game can be seen on NBC Sports Network at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
George Washington Colonials at George Mason Patriots Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Patriots were victorious over the VCU Rams, 72-67, while the Colonials got blown out by the Rhode Island Rams, 82-51.
George Mason dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 44.1 (above their season average of 32.4) and a free throw rate of 0.385 (above their season average of 0.239). For those same stats, VCU recorded marks of 19.5 and 0.241, respectively. George Washington, meanwhile, did a terrific job of making free throws (17-23; 73.9 percent). AJ Wilson had a solid performance for George Mason, finishing with 14 points, 11 rebounds and five blocks. George Washington rallied around Chase Paar, who contributed 10 points and eight rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Armel Potter led the Colonials to a 73-67 win. He scored a game-high 26 points. George Washington’s free throw rate was their largest strength over George Mason. The Colonials had a rate of 0.347, while the Patriots posted a mark of 0.222.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the nation’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. George Mason currently ranks 277th in possessions per game (67.3) and George Washington is 263rd (67.5).
George Washington vs. George Mason Free Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – George Mason, ATS Winner – George Washington, O/U – Under
- George Washington ranks 13th in three pointers allowed per game (17.1) while George Mason ranks 166th (22.1).
- The Colonials rank 186th in assists per game (12.3) while the Patriots rank 229th (11.2).
- George Mason averages 6.4 steals per game, which ranks 118th in the NCAA. George Washington ranks 153rd in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- The Patriots average 4.9 blocks per game, which ranks 20th in the NCAA. The Colonials rank 145th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- George Mason ranks 72nd in rebounds per game (37.7) while George Washington ranks 194th in rebounds allowed per game (36.1).
- The Patriots have been outscored by an average of 7.0 points in their last five games. For the season, George Mason has defeated opponents by an average of 0.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Colonials have scored an average of 68.8 points per game (1.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 80.6 points per game (10.7 above their season average).