The South Carolina Gamecocks (4-3) will be at home in Colonial Life Arena when they challenge the George Washington Colonials (3-4). The game is scheduled to start at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 1, 2019.
George Washington Colonials vs. South Carolina Gamecocks ATS Odds
In their last game, the Gamecocks were beaten by the UNI Panthers, 78-72, while the Colonials barely escaped the Milwaukee Panthers, 66-63.
The Colonials knocked down 17 of their 21 free throws (81.0 percent) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.490 vs. 0.449). South Carolina, on the other hand, forced UNI into a turnover percentage of 18.5 (above their season average of 14.9). AJ Lawson had a solid performance for South Carolina with 20 points. Meanwhile, George Washington was lifted by Armel Potter, who put up 22 points, seven rebounds and seven assists.
The Gamecocks won the only contest between these two teams last season, 90-55. South Carolina’s rebounding was their largest advantage. The Gamecocks had more offensive rebounds (13 vs. 7), defensive rebounds (35 vs. 25) and total rebounds (48 vs. 32).
It will be a matchup of conflicting paces as the up-and-down Gamecocks will look to push the slower-paced Colonials. Since the 2018-19 season, the Gamecocks rank 97th in possessions per game while the Colonials are 261st.
George Washington Colonials vs. South Carolina Gamecocks Betting Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – South Carolina, ATS Winner – South Carolina, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- South Carolina averages 36.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 112th in the NCAA. George Washington ranks 276th in rebounds allowed per game (37.1).
- The Gamecocks rank 196th in assists per game (13.0) while the Colonials rank 281st (11.4).
- South Carolina ranks 247th in three pointers attempted per game (20.3) while George Washington ranks 258th (20.0).
- The Gamecocks rank 116th in steals per game (6.7) while the Colonials rank 269th (5.0).
- South Carolina ranks 28th in blocks per game (4.5) while George Washington ranks 159th (3.2).