The Florida State Seminoles will begin their season when they go head-to-head against the George Washington Colonials (1-0) at Donald L. Tucker Center. Florida State is a 15.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 149.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 14, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
George Washington Colonials at Florida State Seminoles Betting Preview
In the Colonials last matchup, they were victorious over the Howard Bison, 84-75. Yuta Watanabe led George Washington in scoring with 19 points on 8-for-11 shooting. George Washington dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.578 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.4. For those same stats, Howard was 0.431 and 31.8, respectively.
Florida State made it to the Second Round last season as a three seed in the tournament, where they were defeated by the Xavier Musketeers. The Seminoles went 25-8 in the regular season.
Florida State should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Dating back to last season, Florida State ranks 39th in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.5 percent), while George Washington forced the 31st-fewest turnovers (16.2 percent).
The Colonials have had a decent 20-14 straight up (SU) record since last season, but are just 12-19-1 against the spread (ATS). Games featuring George Washington have had a slight tendency to finish over the O/U total since last season (53.1 percent).
The Seminoles, meanwhile, owned records of 25-8 SU and 17-16 ATS last season. Of the Seminoles 33 games last year, 17 finished over the O/U total.
The Seminoles won the only game against the Colonials last season, 67-48. Florida States 0.470 effective field goal percentage was its biggest strength over George Washington, who had a rate of 0.258.
George Washington Colonials vs. Florida State Seminoles Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Florida State, ATS Winner – George Washington, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Colonials rank 159th in three pointers attempted per game (21.1) while the Seminoles rank 227th (19.2).
- George Washington ranks 45th in rebounds allowed per game (32.5) while Florida State ranks 107th (34.0).
- Florida State ranks 29th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while George Washington ranks 229th (6.9).
- The Seminoles rank 81st in assists allowed per game (12.1) while the Colonials rank 235th (14.3).
- Florida State ranks 18th in blocks per game (5.1) while George Washington ranks 108th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).