The Kansas State Wildcats (9-2) welcome the George Mason Patriots (6-6) to Fred Bramlage Coliseum. The Wildcats look to prolong their six-game winning streak. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 29, 2018, and can be seen on ESPN 3.
George Mason Patriots vs. Kansas State Wildcats ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Wildcats defeated the Kennesaw State Owls, 56-41, while the Patriots lost a tough one against the Penn Quakers, 72-71.
Kansas State played a flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.2 and a free throw rate of 0.083. For those same stats, Kennesaw State was 24.3 and 0.058, respectively. George Mason, on the other hand, did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (13-16; 81.3 percent). Barry Brown Jr. was a key piece for Kansas State with 15 points and six rebounds. George Mason, meanwhile, rallied around Justin Kier, who had 12 points and eight rebounds.
Dean Wade has been playing at a high level as of late for Kansas State, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Kansas State should have a considerable advantage. The Wildcats defense ranks 29th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.446), while the George Mason offense is ranked 143rd in effective field goal percentage (0.525). Furthermore, the Patriots, who rank 253rd in offensive rebounding percentage (26.7 percent), will square off against the Wildcats, who rank first in defensive rebounding percentage (80.4 percent).
George Mason Patriots at Kansas State Wildcats Odds Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Kansas State, ATS Winner – George Mason, O/U – Under
- George Mason ranks 19th in three pointers allowed per game (18.2) while Kansas State ranks 148th (23.5).
- The Wildcats rank 36th in rebounds allowed per game (31.5) while the Patriots rank 80th (33.4).
- George Mason allows the 18th-fewest assists per game (9.8) while Kansas State ranks 33rd (10.6).
- The Wildcats rank 40th in steals per game (8.0) while the Patriots rank 106th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- Kansas State ranks ninth in blocks allowed per game (1.9) while George Mason ranks 73rd (3.3).
- The Wildcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 16.2, up from 10.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Patriots have scored an average of 76.4 points per game (2.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.2 points per game (3.0 above their season average).