The Georgia Southern Eagles (1-0) will be at home in W.S. Hanner Fieldhouse when they square off against the George Mason Patriots (0-2). The game is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 13, 2018.
George Mason Patriots at Georgia Southern Eagles ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Eagles dismantled the Carver College Cougars, 139-51, while the Patriots lost a winnable game to the American University Eagles, 78-75.
Georgia Southern played a perfect contest. They had a turnover percentage of 8.3 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 45.9. For those same stats, Carver College recorded marks of 29.9 and 14.9, respectively. George Mason, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.215 vs. 0.152). Quan Jackson led the way for Georgia Southern, recording 25 points, nine rebounds and eight steals. George Mason was led by Javon Greene, who had 18 points and 12 rebounds.
The Eagles won the only game between these two teams last season, 74-51. The Eagles’ turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Patriots. Georgia Southern had a rate of 14.0, while George Mason posted a mark of 24.2.
Georgia Southern should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Since the 2017-18 season, Georgia Southern ranks 28th in the country at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 15.9 percent), while George Mason has forced the 41st-fewest turnovers (16.5 percent). Furthermore, the 264th-ranked offense of the Patriots (offensive efficiency of 102.1) will battle against the 46th-ranked defense of the Eagles (defensive efficiency of 98.7).
George Mason vs. Georgia Southern Odds Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Georgia Southern, ATS Winner – Georgia Southern, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- George Mason ranks 88th in rebounds per game (37.0) while Georgia Southern ranks 288th in rebounds allowed per game (38.2).
- The Eagles rank 100th in blocks per game (3.7) while the Patriots rank 232nd in blocks allowed per game (4.3).
- George Mason ranks 271st in assists per game (11.4) while Georgia Southern ranks 294th (10.4).
- The Eagles rank fifth in steals allowed per game (4.2) while the Patriots rank 191st (6.5).
- Georgia Southern ranks 103rd in three pointers attempted per game (23.6) while George Mason ranks 247th in three pointers allowed per game (23.7).