The George Mason Patriots (15-13, 4-11 A10) will be at the UPMC Events Center to take on the Duquesne Dukes (19-8, 9-6 A10) in an A10 matchup. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
George Mason Patriots vs. Duquesne Dukes ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Dukes defeated the St. Bonaventure Bonnies, 81-77, while the Patriots lost to the fourth-ranked Dayton Flyers, 62-55.
The Dukes had a turnover percentage of 12.1 (better than their season average of 16.3) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.493 vs. 0.471). George Mason, on the other hand, held Dayton to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.2 (below their season average of 27.0). Sincere Carry had a solid performance for Duquesne, contributing 18 points, 11 assists and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Jordan Miller was a key piece for George Mason with 13 points and 10 rebounds.
The Dukes won the lone game between these two teams last year, 79-78. One of Duquesne’s biggest advantages was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 15-17 (88.2 percent), while the Patriots were just 7-13 (53.8 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the country’s slowest-paced teams square off. Duquesne ranks 267th in possessions per game (67.3) and George Mason is 302nd (66.6). Also, the Patriots rank 41st in offensive rebounding percentage (32.9 percent), while the Dukes rank 269th in defensive rebounding percentage (70.2 percent).
George Mason vs. Duquesne ATS Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Duquesne, ATS Winner – Duquesne, O/U – Under
- Duquesne ranks 60th in assists per game (14.4) while George Mason ranks 250th (10.8).
- The Patriots rank 88th in rebounds per game (37.1) while the Dukes rank 127th in rebounds allowed per game (34.7).
- Duquesne ranks 95th in steals per game (6.9) while George Mason ranks 125th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- The Dukes rank 67th in three pointers attempted per game (24.7) while the Patriots rank 231st (19.4).
- Duquesne ranks ninth in blocks per game (5.6) while George Mason ranks 138th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- During their last five games, the Dukes have scored an average of 71.4 points per game (0.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.8 points per game (7.4 above their season average).
- The Patriots’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.2, up from 0.6 for the season.