A five-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Dayton Flyers (12-6, 4-1 A10) when they welcome the George Mason Patriots (11-8, 5-1 A10) to University of Dayton Arena. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 23, 2019.
George Mason Patriots at Dayton Flyers ATS Odds
Both teams edged out their last opponent. The Flyers defeated the St. Bonaventure Bonnies 89-86, while the Patriots beat the Fordham Rams 71-68.
George Mason dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.275 (above their season average of 0.261) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.559 (above their season average of 0.513). Fordham was 0.182 and 0.527, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Dayton’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over St. Bonaventure. The Flyers had a rate of 0.322 (above their season average of 0.215), while the Bonnies posted a mark of 0.197. Ryan Mikesell put together a good outing for Dayton with 21 points and six rebounds. Justin Kier played well for George Mason, putting up 18 points and nine rebounds.
The Patriots won the only contest between these two teams last season, 85-67. The Patriots’ 26.7 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Flyers, who had a rate of 11.4. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Dayton could struggle to create turnovers. George Mason ranks 170th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 18.8 percent), while Dayton forces the 55th-fewest turnovers (17.1 percent).
George Mason Patriots at Dayton Flyers Free Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Dayton, ATS Winner – George Mason, O/U – Over
- Dayton ranks 19th in assists per game (17.1) while George Mason ranks 187th (12.4).
- The Flyers rank 34th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Patriots rank 99th (3.5).
- The Patriots rank 92nd in three pointers allowed per game (21.2) while the Flyers rank 240th (25.7).
- Dayton ranks 22nd in steals allowed per game (5.1) while George Mason ranks 101st (6.3).
- During their last five games, the Flyers have scored an average of 75.2 points per game (0.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.6 points per game (0.5 below their season average).
- The Patriots’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.0, up from 4.1 for the season.