The Auburn Tigers (5-1) will be at home in Auburn Arena when they go head-to-head with the George Mason Patriots (4-3). Tip-off is set for 3 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 3, 2017.
George Mason Patriots vs. Auburn Tigers Betting Preview
The last time the Patriots played, they defeated the James Madison Dukes, 76-72. With 16 points and 10 rebounds, Jaire Grayer put together a solid outing for George Mason. The Patriots knocked down 15 of their 17 free throws (88.2 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.575 (above their season average of 0.484).
The Tigers will look to maintain momentum after topping the Dayton Flyers in their last matchup, 73-60. Auburn’s Anfernee McLemore had a good outing, contributing 12 points, 13 rebounds and five blocks. Auburn played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 14.0 (better than their season average of 15.4) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.1 (above their season average of 35.7). Dayton was 24.4 and 26.5, respectively, for those same stats.
Dating back to the 2016-17 season, Auburn has done a solid job of getting to the free throw line. They rank 45th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.288), but George Mason has been among the best in the NCAA at keeping opponents off the line (ranking 30th by allowing a FTA rate of 0.193).
Of George Mason’s 5 games with betting action, three have finished over the projected point total, while 2 of Auburn’s 4 games have finished over the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Tigers have a sizable advantage. They are 5-1 SU and 3-1 ATS, while the Patriots are 4-3 SU and 3-2 ATS.
George Mason Patriots at Auburn Tigers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Auburn, ATS Winner – George Mason, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Tigers rank 44th in steals per game (7.4) while the Patriots rank 250th (5.2).
- Auburn ranks 163rd in assists per game (13.5) while George Mason ranks 280th (11.6).
- Auburn ranks 52nd in three pointers attempted per game (24.6) while George Mason ranks 314th (17.0).
- The Patriots average 39.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 26th in the NCAA. The Tigers rank 273rd in rebounds allowed per game (37.8).
- Auburn averages 5.2 blocks per game, which ranks 20th in the NCAA. George Mason ranks 231st in blocks allowed per game (4.0).