The George Mason Patriots (14-15, 8-8 A10) will travel to Stuart Siegel Center to go head-to-head with the VCU Rams (16-13, 8-8 A10) in their home finale. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 149.5 points with VCU opening as a 7-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 28, 2018./p>
George Mason Patriots vs. VCU Rams Free Preview
The Patriots edged the Massachusetts Minutemen in their last game, 78-76. With 18 points and 10 rebounds, George Mason’s Jaire Grayer put together a solid outing. The Patriots had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 30.0 (above their season average of 27.6) and held the Minutemen to an effective field goal percentage of 0.464 (below their season average of 0.522)./p>
In the Rams’ last game, they were beaten by the St. Bonaventure Bonnies, 68-63. Justin Tillman was VCU’s leading scorer with 20 points on 8-for-16 shooting. St. Bonaventure did an excellent job of making free throws (15-20; 75.0 percent). VCU, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (30.8 vs. 30.3)./p>
Points at the line might be hard to find for VCU in this contest. The Rams currently rank 318th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.195, while George Mason ranks 88th in FTA rate allowed (0.209).
Of George Mason’s 25 games that accepted bets, 15 have finished over the O/U total, while 13 of VCU’s 25 games have finished over the projected point total. The Rams have the sizable advantage straight up (SU) (16-13 vs. 14-15), but both teams have the same against the spread (ATS) record (12-13)./p>
Justin Kier has been excellent over the last five games for George Mason, averaging 14.6 points and 5.4 rebounds per game./p>
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 160 points in that game, which was over the projected point total of 150. The Rams won 84-76, covering as 5-point favorites. VCU had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (52.4 vs. 20.0). George Mason, meanwhile, did a great job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (26-34; 76.5 percent). Khris Lane put up a double-double in the victory with 25 points and 12 rebounds./p>
George Mason Patriots at VCU Rams Odds Prediction
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – VCU, ATS Winner – VCU, O/U – Under/p>
- The Rams rank 98th in rebounds per game (36.6) while the Patriots rank 193rd in rebounds allowed per game (35.8).
- George Mason ranks 141st in steals per game (6.0) while VCU ranks 199th in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- George Mason is 8-5 ATS on the road with 8 overs and 5 unders.
- VCU is 7-6 ATS at home with 9 unders and 4 overs.
- VCU ranks 68th in assists per game (15.3) while George Mason ranks 242nd (11.8).
- The Rams rank 49th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while the Patriots rank 193rd (4.6).
- VCU averages 23.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 107th in the nation. George Mason ranks 242nd in three pointers allowed per game (24.2).
- VCU is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, George Mason is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Rams have been outscored by an average of 6.4 points in their last five games. On the season, VCU has defeated opponents by an average of 0.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Patriots have scored an average of 75.2 points per game (3.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.6 points per game (4.6 below their season average).