The Radford Highlanders (20-9, 15-2 BigSou) welcome the Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs (14-15, 10-7 BigSou) to Dedmon Center as the regular season comes to a close. The game starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs at Radford Highlanders Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Highlanders barely escaped the Hampton Pirates 81-78, while the Runnin’ Bulldogs were victorious over the Charleston Southern Buccaneers 83-74.
Gardner-Webb dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.164 (matching their season average) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.673 (above their season average of 0.511). For those same stats, Charleston Southern was 0.046 and 0.546, respectively. Radford, on the other hand, won the rebounding battle. The Highlanders had 16 offensive rebounds and 43 total rebounds, while the Pirates had eight and 28, respectively. Carlik Jones had a good performance for Radford with 20 points, seven assists and six rebounds. Gardner-Webb rallied around Nate Johnson, who finished with 21 points and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Travis Fields, Jr. led the Highlanders to a 67-64 win. He put up 16 points. Radford’s free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Gardner-Webb. The Highlanders had a rate of 0.212, while the Runnin’ Bulldogs posted a mark of 0.082.
The high-octane offense of Radford will square off against the bottom-tier defense of Gardner-Webb. The Highlanders currently rank 16th in offensive efficiency, while the Runnin’ Bulldogs are 264th in defensive efficiency. The Highlanders figure to have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs at Radford Highlanders Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Radford, ATS Winner – Radford, O/U – Over
- Gardner-Webb ranks 23rd in blocks per game (4.8) while Radford ranks 195th (2.2).
- The Highlanders rank fourth in steals allowed per game (4.2) while the Runnin’ Bulldogs rank 100th (6.2).
- Radford ranks 107th in rebounds per game (36.3) while Gardner-Webb ranks 186th in rebounds allowed per game (36.0).
- The Highlanders average 22.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 137th in the NCAA. The Runnin’ Bulldogs rank 268th in three pointers allowed per game (25.2).
- Radford ranks 100th in assists per game (13.7) while Gardner-Webb ranks 230th in assists allowed per game (14.4).
- During their last five games, the Highlanders have scored an average of 79.0 points per game (9.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 66.6 points per game (2.9 above their season average).
- The Runnin’ Bulldogs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.2, up from 1.4 for the season.