The Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs (11-14, 7-6 BigSou) will be at the Hampton Convocation Center to square off with the Hampton Pirates (11-15, 6-7 BigSou) in a BigSou matchup. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs at Hampton Pirates Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Pirates fell to the Longwood Lancers, 76-68, while the Runnin’ Bulldogs beat the Winthrop Eagles, 74-70.
Gardner-Webb played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.3 (better than their season average of 16.6) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.563 (above their season average of 0.501). For those same stats, Winthrop had marks of 22.2 and 0.476, respectively. Hampton, meanwhile, held Longwood to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.1 (below the 31.1 mark opponents have averaged against Hampton this season). Ben Stanley had a good outing for Hampton, putting up 21 points and 10 rebounds. Nate Johnson played a pivotal role for Gardner-Webb with 19 points and seven rebounds.
It will be a matchup of opposite tempos as the up-tempo Pirates (ranked 48th in the nation in possessions per game) will look to push the more methodical Runnin’ Bulldogs (190th in possessions per game).
Gardner-Webb vs. Hampton ATS Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Hampton, ATS Winner – Hampton, O/U – Under
- Hampton ranks 62nd in assists per game (14.5) while Gardner-Webb ranks 222nd in assists allowed per game (14.2).
- The Pirates rank 45th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Runnin’ Bulldogs rank 63rd (2.9).
- The Runnin’ Bulldogs rank 118th in three pointers attempted per game (22.8) while the Pirates rank 271st (17.7).
- Hampton averages 37.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 93rd in the nation. Gardner-Webb ranks 195th in rebounds allowed per game (36.1).
- During their last five games, the Pirates have scored an average of 70.8 points per game (3.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 78.8 points per game (1.9 above their season average).
- The Runnin’ Bulldogs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.8, up from 0.6 for the season.