The No. 8 Florida Gators will commence their season when they meet the Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs (0-1) at Stephen C. O’Connell Center. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, November 13, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs at Florida Gators Free Preview
The Runnin’ Bulldogs were blown out by the No. 13 Miami (FL) Hurricanes in their last outing, 77-45. With 10 points on 5-for-13 shooting, Daniel Laster was Gardner-Webb’s high scorer. Miami (FL)’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over Gardner-Webb. The Hurricanes had a rate of 0.167, while the Runnin’ Bulldogs posted a mark of 0.016.
Florida made it to the Elite Eight last season as a four seed in the tournament, where they fell to the South Carolina Gamecocks. In the regular season, the Gators went 24-8.
This matchup pits one of the NCAA’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Dating back to last season, Florida ranks 56th in offensive efficiency and Gardner-Webb ranks 52nd in defensive efficiency. Ball protection could be troublesome for the Runnin’ Bulldogs. They rank 273rd at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 20.0 percent), while the Gators forced the 42nd-most turnovers in the nation (opponents’ turnover percentage of 21.1 percent).
Since last season, the Runnin’ Bulldogs are 19-15 straight up (SU) and 4-0 against the spread (ATS). Games involving Gardner-Webb have had a tendency to finish over the projected point total since last season (75.0 percent).
The Gators, on the other hand, owned records of 24-8 SU and 19-14-1 ATS last season. Of the Gators’ 34 games last year, 18 finished under the O/U total.
Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs vs. Florida Gators Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Florida, ATS Winner – Gardner-Webb, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Gators rank 32nd in blocks per game (4.8) while the Runnin’ Bulldogs rank 180th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- Gardner-Webb averages 38.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 62nd in the NCAA. Florida ranks 170th in rebounds allowed per game (35.2).
- Florida ranks fourth in assists allowed per game (9.6) while Gardner-Webb ranks 198th (13.8).
- The Gators rank 145th in three pointers attempted per game (21.6) while the Runnin’ Bulldogs rank 299th (16.7).
- Florida ranks 39th in steals per game (7.5) while Gardner-Webb ranks 187th in steals allowed per game (6.5).