The Charleston Southern Buccaneers (13-15, 7-9 BigSou) wrap up their home schedule at Buccaneer Fieldhouse against the Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs (13-15, 9-7 BigSou). Action begins at 7:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs at Charleston Southern Buccaneers ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Buccaneers fell to the Campbell Fighting Camels, 66-51, while the Runnin’ Bulldogs were victorious over the Campbell Fighting Camels, 73-61.
The Runnin’ Bulldogs knocked down 15 of their 21 free throws (71.4 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.604 (above their season average of 0.508). Charleston Southern, on the other hand, did a great job of converting from the free throw line (20-23; 87.0 percent). Charleston Southern rallied around Phlandrous Fleming Jr., who put up 18 points, 10 rebounds and five assists. Meanwhile, Nate Johnson played a key role for Gardner-Webb with 21 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Fleming Jr. led the Buccaneers to a 92-83 victory. He registered a double-double with 31 points and 11 assists. Charleston Southern made 13 of its 31 three pointers (41.9 percent). Gardner-Webb, on the other hand, did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (21-29; 72.4 percent).
The Runnin’ Bulldogs’ Johnson has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 17 points,5.6 rebounds,2.6 steals per game. Meanwhile, Deontaye Buskey has averaged 15 points,1.8 steals during that same time frame for the Buccaneers.
Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs at Charleston Southern Buccaneers Odds Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Charleston Southern, ATS Winner – Charleston Southern, O/U – Under
- Charleston Southern averages 24.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 74th in the nation. Gardner-Webb ranks 266th in three pointers allowed per game (25.0).
- The Runnin’ Bulldogs rank 162nd in rebounds per game (35.3) while the Buccaneers rank 268th (32.5).
- Gardner-Webb averages 6.4 steals per game, which ranks 132nd in the NCAA. Charleston Southern ranks 176th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- The Runnin’ Bulldogs rank 23rd in blocks per game (4.7) while the Buccaneers rank 186th (2.4).
- Gardner-Webb ranks 89th in assists per game (14.0) while Charleston Southern ranks 212th in assists allowed per game (14.1).
- The Buccaneers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.4, up from 3.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Runnin’ Bulldogs have scored an average of 79.6 points per game (7.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 66.0 points per game (5.3 below their season average).