The UNCG Spartans (23-6, 13-3 SoCon) wrap up their home schedule at Greensboro Coliseum against the Furman Paladins (23-6, 13-3 SoCon). Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
Furman Paladins at UNCG Spartans ATS Odds
Both teams barely defeated their last opponent. The Spartans defeated the VMI Keydets 71-68, while the Paladins beat the Wofford Terriers 67-66.
The Paladins had a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 6.9 (better than their season average of 15.2), while the Terriers had a free throw rate of 0.121 (below their season average of 0.193). The Spartans, on the other hand, made 16 of their 20 free throws (80.0 percent) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 33.9). Isaiah Miller fueled UNCG with 23 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, Furman received a boost from Noah Gurley, who recorded 22 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Miller led the Spartans to an 86-73 victory. He produced 18 points, six steals and five assists. The Spartans’ 13.6 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Paladins, who had a mark of 21.8.
Based on each team’s statistical profile, ball protection could play a significant role in this meeting. UNCG commits the 30th-fewest miscues in the nation (turnover percentage of 16.4 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Furman forces the 25th-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 23.2 percent). Additionally, the 32nd-ranked offense of the Paladins (offensive efficiency of 110.8) will face off against the sixth-ranked defense of the Spartans (defensive efficiency of 89.2).
Furman Paladins at UNCG Spartans Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – UNCG, ATS Winner – UNCG, O/U – Over
- UNCG ranks 66th in rebounds per game (37.7) while Furman ranks 272nd (32.0).
- The Spartans average 9.5 steals per game, which ranks sixth in the country. The Paladins rank 116th in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- UNCG ranks 50th in blocks per game (4.2) while Furman ranks 158th (2.8).
- The Spartans average 27.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 25th in the country. The Paladins rank 215th in three pointers allowed per game (23.3).
- UNCG ranks 38th in assists allowed per game (10.7) while Furman ranks 178th (13.4).
- During their last five games, the Spartans have scored an average of 79.6 points per game (4.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 66.2 points per game (4.6 above their season average).
- The Paladins’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.2, down from 10.5 for the season.