It will be a contest between two superb defenses when the South Florida Bulls (3-4) challenge the Furman Paladins (7-1) at Yuengling Center. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, December 2, 2019.
Furman Paladins vs. South Florida Bulls ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Bulls fell to the Nebraska Cornhuskers, 74-67, while the Paladins edged the UT Arlington Mavericks, 58-57.
Furman dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.176 (below their season average of 0.196) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.7 (below their season average of 25.9). For those same stats, UT Arlington had marks of 0.132 and 22.6, respectively. South Florida, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.5 (above their season average of 32.3). Laquincy Rideau played well for South Florida, recording 15 points and five assists. Furman, meanwhile, received a boost from Clay Mounce, who had 14 points and 12 rebounds.
Points could be at a premium in this contest between a pair of the country’s best defenses. Dating back to the 2018-19 season, South Florida ranks 40th in defensive efficiency (96.2) and Furman is 16th (94.0).
Furman at South Florida Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Furman, ATS Winner – Furman, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Furman ranks 12th in steals per game (8.9) while South Florida ranks 227th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- The Paladins rank 79th in blocks per game (4.0) while the Bulls rank 233rd in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- South Florida ranks 32nd in rebounds allowed per game (31.9) while Furman ranks 123rd (34.1).
- The Paladins rank 12th in three pointers attempted per game (28.2) while the Bulls rank 197th (21.6).
- Furman ranks 25th in assists per game (15.8) while South Florida ranks 197th (13.0).