The Furman Paladins (13-3, 3-0 SoCon) and the Chattanooga Mocs (10-5, 1-1 SoCon) face off at McKenzie Arena. The Paladins look to extend their six-game winning streak. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 8, 2020.
Furman Paladins vs. Chattanooga Mocs Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Mocs defeated the Mercer Bears 70-61, while the Paladins beat the East Tennessee State Buccaneers 65-56.
Furman played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.192 (below their season average of 0.195) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.9 (above their season average of 24.7). For those same stats, East Tennessee State was 0.050 and 25.0, respectively. The Mocs, on the other hand, held the Bears to an offensive rebounding percentage of 7.7 (below their season average of 32.6) and had a turnover percentage of 8.2 (better than their season average of 15.9). David Jean-Baptiste played a key role for Chattanooga with 17 points. Noah Gurley, meanwhile led the way for Furman, finishing with 10 points and 12 rebounds.
The Paladins dominated this series last year, emerging victorious in both games. In the most recent contest, Furman won 71-50. Furman’s effective field goal percentage was its biggest strength over Chattanooga. The Paladins had a rate of 0.558 while the Mocs posted a mark of 0.397. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The Paladins’ Jordan Lyons has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 24 points,1.6 steals per game. Meanwhile, Ramon Vila has averaged 13 points,6.4 rebounds during that same time frame for the Mocs.
Chattanooga may have trouble getting to the charity stripe in this battle. The Mocs currently rank 292nd in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.183, while Furman ranks 35th in FTA rate allowed (0.159).
Furman Paladins vs. Chattanooga Mocs Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Furman, ATS Winner – Chattanooga, O/U – Over
- Furman ranks 40th in steals per game (8.4) while Chattanooga ranks 197th (5.0).
- The Mocs average 13.9 assists per game, which ranks 98th in the NCAA. The Paladins rank 140th in assists allowed per game (13.1).
- The Mocs rank 44th in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while the Paladins rank 148th (22.2).
- Chattanooga ranks 158th in rebounds per game (35.7) while Furman ranks 246th (33.0).
- The Mocs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.4, up from 4.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Paladins have scored an average of 77.6 points per game (0.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.8 points per game (1.7 above their season average).