A six-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the 25th-ranked Utah State Aggies (8-1, 1-0 MWC) when they welcome the Fresno State Bulldogs (2-5, 0-1 MWC) to Dee Glen Smith Spectrum. The game gets underway at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 7, 2019.
Fresno State Bulldogs at Utah State Aggies ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Aggies beat the San Jose State Spartans, 71-59, while the Bulldogs lost a close one to the UNLV Runnin’ Rebels, 81-80.
The Aggies had a great turnover percentage of 8.6 (better than their season average of 14.7) and held the Spartans to an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.8 (below their season average of 30.8). Fresno State, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 10.9 (better than their season average of 17.0). Utah State was lifted by Justin Bean, who recorded 18 points and 14 rebounds. Nate Grimes had a good outing for Fresno State, recording 12 points and 12 rebounds.
The Aggies edged out the Bulldogs in this series last year, securing victories in two out of three contests. In the last contest, Utah State won 85-60. Utah State’s rebounding was their largest strength. The Aggies had more offensive rebounds (13 vs. 6), defensive rebounds (30 vs. 23) and total rebounds (43 vs. 29).
The aggressive Utah State offense looks poised to dominate from the free throw line. The Aggies rank 13th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.278, while Fresno State ranks 264th in FTA rate allowed (0.249) since last season. Moreover, the elite offense of the Bulldogs ranks 42nd in effective field goal percentage (0.540), while the Aggies have been 18th-best in the NCAA at effective field goal percentage allowed (0.460).
Fresno State Bulldogs vs. Utah State Aggies Free Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Utah State, ATS Winner – Utah State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Fresno State ranks 10th in three pointers attempted per game (28.6) while Utah State ranks 231st (21.7).
- The Aggies rank 11th in assists allowed per game (11.2) while the Bulldogs rank 108th (12.2).
- Fresno State averages 6.7 steals per game, which ranks 118th in the nation. Utah State ranks 179th in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- The Aggies rank third in rebounds per game (40.5) while the Bulldogs rank 150th (35.9).
- Fresno State ranks 93rd in blocks allowed per game (3.1) while Utah State ranks 234th (3.7).