Offense meets defense when the Fort Wayne Mastodons (3-2) visit East Tennessee State to take on the Buccaneers (2-3). Tip-off is scheduled for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 25, 2017.
Fort Wayne Mastodons vs. East Tennessee State Buccaneers Odds Preview
In the Mastodons last game, they got blown out by the No. 8 Kentucky Wildcats, 86-67. John Konchar put together a solid game for Fort Wayne, leading the team in scoring with 19 points on 7-for-13 shooting. Kentucky had an offensive rebounding percentage of 46.2 (above their season average of 37.4). Fort Wayne, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (13.1 vs. 19.6).
The Buccaneers are hoping for a better outcome after their 73-65 loss to the Troy Trojans in their last contest. With seven points and 12 rebounds, East Tennessee States David Burrell had a good outing. Troy was lights out from beyond the arc (13-30; 43.3 percent). East Tennessee State, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (35.7 vs. 30.6).
When considering effective field goal percentage, East Tennessee State should have a noteworthy edge. Since last season, the Buccaneers offense ranks 38th in that metric at 0.544, while the Fort Wayne defense ranks 260th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.519).
Fort Wayne Mastodons at East Tennessee State Buccaneers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – East Tennessee State, ATS Winner – East Tennessee State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Mastodons rank 40th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while the Buccaneers rank 175th (3.6).
- East Tennessee State ranks 49th in rebounds allowed per game (32.8) while Fort Wayne ranks 72nd (33.4).
- Fort Wayne averages 27.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 10th in the nation. East Tennessee State ranks 232nd in three pointers allowed per game (22.6).
- The Mastodons rank 23rd in steals per game (7.9) while the Buccaneers rank 240th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- East Tennessee State ranks 35th in assists allowed per game (11.3) while Fort Wayne ranks 238th (14.3).