The Fort Wayne Mastodons (2-1) travel to UIC to take on the Flames (2-1) in a game that will likely be up-tempo. Tip-off is set for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017.
Fort Wayne Mastodons vs. UIC Flames ATS Preview
In the Mastodons last outing, they were victorious over the Delaware State Hornets, 85-71. With 18 points and 12 rebounds, John Konchar played well for Fort Wayne. Fort Wayne dominated every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.179 and a turnover percentage of 14.8. For those same stats, Delaware State was 0.127 and 19.1, respectively.
The Flames come in on a high note after blowing out the Delaware State Hornets in their last outing, 95-55. UIC rallied around Godwin Boahen, who put up 12 points and five assists. UIC played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.418 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.655. Delaware State was 0.185 and 0.331, respectively, for those same stats.
There could be a fair amount of transition offense in this battle that features two of the NCAAs more fast-breaking teams. UIC ranks 31st in possessions per game (73.5) and Fort Wayne is 12th (75.5) since last season. Moreover, the Mastodons sixth-ranked offense (effective field goal percentage of 0.577) will clash against the Flames 50th-ranked defense (effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.472).
Fort Wayne Mastodons vs. UIC Flames ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UIC, ATS Winner – UIC, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Mastodons rank 53rd in rebounds allowed per game (32.9) while the Flames rank 227th (36.7).
- Fort Wayne ranks 39th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while UIC ranks 206th (3.9).
- UIC ranks 50th in three pointers allowed per game (19.0) while Fort Wayne ranks 304th (25.5).
- The Mastodons rank 26th in steals per game (7.8) while the Flames rank 259th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- Fort Wayne averages 17.6 assists per game, which ranks sixth in the nation. UIC ranks 227th in assists allowed per game (14.2).