The Fordham Rams (9-6, 0-2 A10) will go head-to-head against the St. Bonaventure Bonnies (5-10, 1-1 A10) at Blue Cross Arena. The game gets underway at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019.
Fordham Rams vs. St. Bonaventure Bonnies Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Bonnies had no trouble getting past the Saint Joseph’s Hawks, 73-47, while the Rams fell to the Duquesne Dukes, 66-61.
St. Bonaventure dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a superb effective field goal percentage of 0.573 (above their season average of 0.488) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 27.6). Saint Joseph’s was 0.336 and 24.4, respectively, for those same stats. Fordham, meanwhile, held Duquesne to an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.6 (below their season average of 33.1). Osun Osunniyi had a good outing for St. Bonaventure, finishing with 10 points and 12 rebounds. Meanwhile, Fordham was led by David Pekarek, who recorded 12 points and 10 rebounds.
The Bonnies won the sole contest between these two teams last year, 77-61. St. Bonaventure out-rebounded Fordham. The Bonnies had more offensive rebounds (10 vs. five), defensive rebounds (31 vs. 21) and total rebounds (41 vs. 26). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
St. Bonaventure might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they square off against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Fordham ranks 56th in defensive efficiency, while the Bonnies rank 296th in offensive efficiency.
Fordham vs. St. Bonaventure Free Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – St. Bonaventure, ATS Winner – St. Bonaventure, O/U – Under
- Fordham ranks 50th in three pointers attempted per game (26.3) while St. Bonaventure ranks 223rd (19.3).
- The Rams rank first in blocks allowed per game (1.4) while the Bonnies rank 82nd (3.3).
- Fordham ranks 40th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while St. Bonaventure ranks 81st (6.1).
- During their last five games, the Bonnies have scored an average of 61.6 points per game (5.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.6 points per game (2.5 above their season average).
- The Rams’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 5.9 for the season.