The George Washington Colonials (14-17, 7-11 A10) and the Fordham Rams (9-21, 4-14 A10) battle in the Atlantic 10 Conference Tourney at Capital One Arena. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 128.5 points with George Washington set as a 6.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 7, 2018.
Fordham Rams vs. George Washington Colonials Odds Preview
The Rams were blown out by the VCU Rams in their last contest, 83-58. Joseph Chartouny had a good game for Fordham, leading the team in scoring with 16 points on 6-for-12 shooting. VCU had an effective field goal percentage of 0.685 (above their season average of 0.522). Fordham, on the other hand, did an excellent job of making free throws (14-18; 77.8 percent).
In the Colonials’ last matchup, they were blown out by the Dayton Flyers, 88-78. With 13 points and 10 rebounds, Arnaldo Toro put together a good outing for George Washington. Dayton had a turnover percentage of 11.7 (better than their season average of 18.7). George Washington, meanwhile, held the Flyers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.7 (below their season average of 25.6).
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams face off. George Washington currently ranks 324th in possessions per game (66.0) and Fordham is 306th (66.6). Also, the Rams rank 332nd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.190), while the Colonials rank 40th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.192).
Of Fordham’s 26 games that accepted bets, 15 have finished under the O/U total, while 14 of George Washington’s 27 games have finished over the O/U total. The Colonials come into this game with considerably better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 14-17 SU and 11-16 ATS, while the Rams are 9-21 SU and 7-19 ATS.
Yuta Watanabe has taken his game to another level over the last five games for George Washington, averaging 21.0 points, 6.0 rebounds, 2.0 blocks and 1.2 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 128 points in that game, which was just under the projected point total of 131.5. The Colonials won 72-56, covering as 8-point favorites. The Colonials dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.172 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.534. The Rams put up marks of 0.108 and 0.377, respectively, for those same stats. Watanabe was the game’s leading scorer with 31 points.
Fordham Rams vs. George Washington Colonials Betting Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – George Washington, ATS Winner – Fordham, O/U – Under
- The Rams rank sixth in steals per game (9.1) while the Colonials rank 164th (5.8).
- George Washington ranks 146th in assists per game (13.5) while Fordham ranks 263rd in assists allowed per game (16.2).
- Fordham ranks 48th in three pointers attempted per game (25.2) while George Washington ranks 286th (17.2).
- The Colonials rank 85th in rebounds allowed per game (33.3) while the Rams rank 275th (38.5).
- George Washington ranks 22nd in blocks per game (5.0) while Fordham ranks 205th (2.4).
- George Washington is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Fordham is 1-4 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Colonials have outscored opponents by an average of 9.4 points in their last five games. On the season, George Washington has been defeated by an average of 3.0 points.
- During their last five games, the Rams have scored an average of 59.2 points per game (2.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.8 points per game (6.8 above their season average).